Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is messed up page 3

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My mom is a special-needs elementary school teacher. The school lunch includes fruit that the kids often end up trashing, so one of my mom's aids collects it so on the Fridays the class can make a giant fruit salad for snacking and gifting to office workers.

I think it's kind of neat that your kid's school has this communal snack thing going on. Bypasses a lot of the concerns raised here, e.g. kid won't eat it, one day 4 weeks later you find the nastiest banana of your life in the bottom of a backpack, etc. That is of course, as long as your school's idea of a good kid snack is fruit (modulo specific needs of your specific child, etc. etc.). Also no problem of snack competition. Maybe I'm a weirdo but I'm one of those people who loved wearing a uniform to high school.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I feel bad for that kid.
    my kid?

I am lost.

I guess I should not be surprised. My son says everyone always tells him they like his lunch. Its always some kind of protein, plus 1-2 fruits, and 3 different raw veg. Plus another smaller container of protein for recess. Its always too much for him, so him and his brother finish it after school. i am just so paranoid he won't have enough food, and will be hungry.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    No, I meant the kid that has to bring the durian.

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    my son (now 24) was always literally the ONLY kid in school who brought his lunch (we're talking primary grades here clear through high school). Every day, he packed his OWN lunch, and always made his sandwiches with tomato and lettuce, along with cheese or meat (NOT luncheon meat, REAL meat), no chips or cookies, etc. We weren't primal then, but my husband is European (german) and insisted on whole foods, altho we did have grains then.

Anyway, many years later, he told me that the kids with lunch money would line up every day ASKING to trade their $$ for his lunch! He didn't trade (yeah, he WAS a good and honest kid) but it never failed--they ALL wanted his food!

Other son (now 37)? Do we hear bananas squished in the bottom of his backpack??? yes... Do we hear throwing sandwiches out the bathroom window where they were not visible for MONTHS until i discovered where they were???? yes.... LOL

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    BTW, son 37 yo is primal, and is the one who told me about MDA... I am forever grateful to son 37...!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    No, I meant the kid that has to bring the durian.
    Oh I don't know what that is still

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ayla - don't stress if he doesn't eat all his food at school. As you have said he finishes it after school. I grew up in a generation where we were made to sit at the dinner table and finish our meals - irrelevent of whether we were hungry or not. I don't think that is the way to do it. IMO
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Durian Rider is the online pseudonym of Harley Johnstone, a lying douchebag of an internet troll, who expouses the 80/10/10 raw fruit diet. He routinely lies and smears people he doesn't like, and deletes threads and bans people from his 30bananas-a-day forums for reporting that they have problems with his diet.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123