Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is messed up page 2

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    one word: durian!
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ??

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    We used to have to bring fruit to Kinder so the parent helpers could cut it up and serve it to all the kids! That would be their morning tea. So to me, supplying fruit for kinder is normal .

At school though... the kids sometimes take fruit, and sometimes not! It depends what they feel like. I'd also rather they not waste it, or find it squashed in their bags!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the kid.
    If the parent doesn't even try and eat healthily (CW or otherwise), it's almost guaranteed that the kid's getting cake or chocolate of some sort for their snack.
    If the parent does, you have other snacks that may be provided for a healthy kid if they don't like fruit or if fruit gets too battered before it's eaten: jerky, hard-boiled egg, nuts, celery/carrot sticks, cheese... As a kid I LOVED apples, s they were my go-to snack (raised Vegan too, which, whilst healthier than junk-food, limited choice a bit) but some kids couldn't stand fruit or just didn't feel like eating it sometimes. Half of them got out some horror-packet of crisps or other junk and the rest would have nuts or sliced meat or cheese (usually with bread or crackers, but hey-ho, better than the crisp kids...).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I was pretty rarely packed fruit as a snack when I was a kid. It was usually a combination of store bought Little Debbie's or Hostess snack cakes and homemade baked goods like cinnamon rolls, muffins, or cookies. I'm not sure I would have ever eaten the fruit if there was also a Zebra Cake and some chocolate chip cookies in my lunchbox. I'm not sure why my mother didn't try to pack healthier things, because even CW can agree that packaged snack cakes and the like aren't exactly healthy, but I've mostly given up trying to understand her way of thinking anyway at this point. She's the one who still serves my diabetic father heaping portions of pasta and bread every night for dinner after all...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think packaged "fruit snacks" are much more common.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Once a week, my youngest daughter's school has "Fruit for a Friend." They collect "extra" pieces of fruit and send them to an inner city school.

Other than that, they don't comment on lunches.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    My 4 year old is very omnivorous. Loves belly strips from salmon, loves fatty meat. Des satisfactorily with veggies (she likes to eat the tops off broccoli). Very picky about fruit, though. We gave her mashed banana as her first solid food at 6 mnths. I still remember the look of utter revulsion on her face. So we often forego fruit. She will eat dried blueberries in yogurt. And dates wrapped in proscuitto is always a winner. I can't wait for her to get to the age when all of her peers ridicule her for the stuff we put in her lunch.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    one word: durian!
    I feel bad for that kid.

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our 6 yr old daughter loves jerky and nuts. However, nuts are forbidden at school. Instead of sending a fruit that might get smashed in her back pack, she get mozzarella cheese strings and unsweetened apple sauce.
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast