Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VITAMIN D - Adverse reactions. page 2

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I notice I don't get cramps as often (thanks to the Mg, I guess), which is good for me because I was very prone to getting charley horses in the middle of the night, as well as when I swim. I'm swimming 3 days per week and I used to cramp up in my ribs and calf at least once per week - now, not at all in the past 4 times I've swam laps.

The D3 effects... I'm not sure. I have acne and oily skin... so I don't know if this will affect that at all. I guess I'll find that out in future blood work when I can compare to where I was before the supplements.
    I see. When I was eating a crap ton of sunflower seeds (high in Mg), I felt pretty good! Gained some much needed weight (went from 133-140 lbs in 2 weeks) too. Maybe it was the magnesium in them. I stopped them because I'm doing an elimination diet to see how I feel.

As for the D3, I'm going to try a different D3, which I just ordered via amazon. It has no lanolin in it, so I wanna see if it was the lanolin I was reacting too. I'll get it tomorrow so I'll keep everyone posted how I react to it. It's from Solgar and is derived from fish oil, rather than sheep wool (lanolin).

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    Hey everyone,

I received my new D3 derived from fish oil in the mail and have been taking it for a couple days now. I have NOT been having the same reaction with this D3 as the other form, which was derived from lanolin. I'm breathing and feeling better since taking it. With the D3 derived from lanolin, I was having extreme breathing complications immediately after taking it.

The one I used to take was from Nature's Answer, was 2000IU's a serving (1 drop), derived from Lanolin. The one I take now is from Solgar, derived from fish oil, and has 1000IU per capsule.

So, as a warning to those who THINK they're allergic or respond badly to D3, try using a different form of D3. Perhaps you're sensitive to wool, which is what lanolin is derived from. Also, I've been taking 300mg of Magnesium with my 2000IU's of D3 and notice this seems to help a lot more with an overall better feeling. My dandruff is going away, and I have more strength and energy.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the update! Glad to see you've got it solved.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12