Thread: Looking for advice about sprouting page

s-piper is offline Senior Member

Looking for advice about sprouting

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    From what I understand sprouts are considered ok for Primal because the seed contains anti-nutrients but the sprout does not. My first question is do I have that right?

Second, after doing some looking around it seems you can sprout almost any grain or seed. I've seen videos telling you how to sprout beans and legumes, but also rice, wheatberries, oats, sunflower seeds. So if sprouts are okay, does that includes sprouts from grains or just beans and legumes?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Grain sprouts are called grass. Weston A Pice extolled the virtues of dairy from animals eating young, fast growing grass. Maybe there is something in cutting out the middle creature. Note that you are not a ruminant and that the ruminants don't eat the seed part of the young grass. I'll pass
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine