Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the best way to go? page 3

EllieB is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    From looking at your food intake, it seems that it cannot be enough for a 20 year old active person. I am 25 and workout about the same amount it sounds like you do and probably eat at least twice that much in a day. Try upping your intake or adding a real meal for lunch?

Ash877 is offline Member
    Add more food. Eat a real lunch. I don't think you would have any problem adding more fruit and veggies in. Sweet potatoes and fruit seem to work well for me. You are far better off upping your carb intake than eating things that aren't going to help you in the long run. Don't obsess over the scale. I have gained weight over the last month, yet my clothes are looser. The scale doesn't tell you everything.

Jergemy is offline Banned
    I gather you are just eating when you are hungry?

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergemy View Post
    I gather you are just eating when you are hungry?
    I try to keep my eating within a 6-7 hour window, eating whenever I get hungry (although I seem to be always a little bit hungry... that might be sugar cravings messing with my satiety signals though)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Typical day's food:
    Four or five eggs fried in Kerrygold around 11am
    2 or 3 tablespoons of Macadamia butter around 3:00
    Dinner around 6:00 is around 6oz of chicken or sausage with a whole avocado and some greens (kale/spinach)
    I agree with those who say this is not enough food for someone who is 20yo, not overweight and running daily.

I think all your meals need rounding out - more veges, a little more protein, more variety.

Add some fried onions and mushrooms with breakfast. Spread your nut butter on some sliced cucumber or apple and eat a few slices of ham as well. Add some buttered starchy veges such as pumpkin, carrot or sweet potato to dinner. Your chicken should have the skin on and your greens be drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with crunchy seeds. If still unsatisfied have berries and cream for dessert or a milky drink and some dark chocolate for supper.

I am twice your age and exercise only twice a week but I still eat three meals and a snack daily without gaining weight. I have done away with the sugar cravings and it feels great, but you have to feed true hunger or you will end up bingeing on the wrong things.
    Last edited by Annieh; 02-13-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123