Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to go?

Shop Now
    If dairy doesn't cause you an issue id eat it for sure, of course only full fat stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Shaky as in weak?
    If I felt like that, I would probably think I needed more carbs (Yes Zach and Derp I said that )
    So maybe I should up my carbs a bit? What are some good sources, aside from greens?

Bananas and Sweet Potatoes. Rice and Potatoes are decent 2nd class citizens.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-12-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Yes what MM said.
    I know some of us need more carbs than others, it will have to be a bit of an experiment for you.

Yes what MM said.
    I know some of us need more carbs than others, it will have to be a bit of an experiment for you.
    So for now, my plans is to bump my fat down slightly, and increase my carbs in their place. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Is there any danger in doing that if my only exercise is 45 mins of walking every day? My knees have gotten bad and my doctor told me to cut the running a few weeks ago.

As long as you are moving, and it doesn't cause pain, I think it will be fine. I wouldn't go crazy on the carbs, but maybe when you feel like that again, grab an apple or banana, and go from there.

As long as you are moving, and it doesn't cause pain, I think it will be fine. I wouldn't go crazy on the carbs, but maybe when you feel like that again, grab an apple or banana, and go from there.
    Thank you for your help!!

You haven't given any reasons why you shouldn't be eating lots more carbs, to the tune of 150-200g/day. Insulin spikes are fine, just not chronically elevated levels. you're young, active, and not overweight. Eat those potatoes and fruits and rice to your belly's content!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    You haven't given any reasons why you shouldn't be eating lots more carbs, to the tune of 150-200g/day. Insulin spikes are fine, just not chronically elevated levels. you're young, active, and not overweight. Eat those potatoes and fruits and rice to your belly's content!
    I think my fear is that, given my reduction in exercise (a few months ago I was running 5 miles per day, 5 days a week -- now, I'm walking for about 45 mins 4 days a week) that adding carbs will be a recipe for weight gain. Maybe that's just crazy, and I need to stop thinking about it so hard if I'm staying below 100g carbs, and within my calorie limit, I'm hoping I'll stay at my current weight, even with just walking.

Shop Now
    Scale up or down as needed. Add them in increments of 20-50g until you find a good place.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams