Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could choose only three... page 3

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Food, exercise, and sunshine.
    Not primal as it does not come in pill form.

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

D3, because definitely don't get enough sunlight for at least half the year. Magnesium, because in winter months we buy trucked-in produce that IMO is probably magnesium deficient.

I'd consider a few contenders for third. K2, which works synergistically with D3 and calcium; even though Primal probably delivers all the K2 needed, it might be good if your diet tends towards the veggie or pescetarian end of the Primal spectrum.

I also occasionally throw in mushroom supplements, even though I cook with shiitake, maitake, oyster, cremini, beech, and other mushrooms: a good blend of shiitake, maitake and reishi (NOT a good cooking shroom), or cordyceps sinensis. These are all-around tonics (adaptogens) that don't get much play in Primal discussions, but I think they enhance your immune response and are good anti-inflammatories. Cordyceps may be a good call if you are very athletic.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Not primal as it does not come in pill form.

I'm apathetic to the Primal label, anyway

MaryIM is offline Member
    A high quality multi-vitamin and fish oil.

My two docs (PCP & ophthalmologist) have recommended taking the fish oil in the morning and evening.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    D3, magnesium, multiple vitamin daily

"Supplement Foods": brazil nuts, seaweed, liver, yogurt and fermented stuff, small fish with bones.

Need to add: bone broth

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I wish I could absorb D3 from sunlight easier. I'm darker-skinned (pretty much Jessica Alba's skin tone, maybe a few shades darker especially in the summer) and dark skin absorbs sun-supplied D3 less than light-skinned folks. Pairing that with living in New England (less daylight) and working in a windowless office 9+ hours per day... I need my D3 pills!

Yeah, I'm lucky in that I have the usual Scottish skin from my mum's side and I don't have work (just uni), so I can afford to go out in a T-shirt when the sun's at its best. Considering that despite all this my D3 is STILL a bit low, I can understand how someone with more melanin and less available sunning-time would need their supplements! And I'm sure the extra D3 is keeping you energized and keeping your nice brown skin radiant, even in the horrible Winter weather
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Food, exercise, and sunshine.
    +1
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

fifer is offline Senior Member
    What are supplements for?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    What are supplements for?
    What are birds? We just don't know.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Vit D3 (obviously because of where I live)
    Melatonin (antioxidant properties for me)
    Magnesuim - chelated (see first supplement^)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123