Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question for type 2 diabetics page 5

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No not eating way under, apparantly I am eating too little and im in starvation mode, hence my slow weight loss.
    But surely eating lower calories I would have at least in the beginning lost more? Lost nothing Oct-Jan eating lower carb primal 2 meals a day, dropped carbs more and went higher fat, but lower cal in Jan.
    Do I have 2 separate issues here. I am trying to understand what is going on.

What you said makes sense but I thought it was because of 12 years of up and down weight and mostly crap eating.
    High insulin is meant to make it harder to lose weight. So if I am in starvation mode, how do the 2 go together. I hate that I don't understand!

How much more carb per day are you talking?
    I found were mark said up to 100-150 g due to that.
    Lost the link now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    To break down some stuff for you real quick as I saw you had some questions on other threads:

Eating high fat/low carb (seriously keto levels) produces a transient sort of insulin resistance at the muscles. This is what we call "physiological" insulin resistance. It's how your body retains the glucose it does have available for the portions of the brain that absolutely must have it. It is a normal response to extended periods without carbohydrate in the diet. Its different from "pathological" insulin resistance (diabetes) in several ways. The most important of which is that it is totally reversed upon the reintroduction of carbohydrate to the diet. Within just a couple days of having carbs back on the plate your body shifts out of glucose sparing mode.

There is no model that I am aware of whereby you can induce diabetes with a HFLC diet unless you are eating WAY OVER your caloric needs and/or making a significant amount of those calories PUFA. Just doesn't happen.
    So if its this, and not "real" high insulin. How come Oct-Jan I lost no weight, when the prior six months was a huge binge fest of all sorts of garbage? This part I don't get.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    ^I'm actually not saying that this is what it is exactly. I was pointing out the only mechanism I knew where by any sort of insulin resistance was induced by a HFLC diet. It very well can be that you are simply dealing with a high degree of metabolic syndrome from your lifestyle prior. Your high insulin levels do seem to indicate this.

Well that is what the Dr suggests too, and what I thought. But the other idea sorta makes sense too.
    Either way, do you think the drug he prescribed would help? I planned to continue eating how I am, but possibly less fat, so I am able to fit in more food, but am still unsure.
    It might also be a matter of time. 12 years of bad eating vs 3 months good, it could be a while I guess.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345