Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a conspiracy behind the vegan agenda? Just a thought page 3

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by idreamofsilence View Post
    I still have a tattoo that says "Vegan Revolution" on the back of my neck.
    I bet a really talented tattoo artist could make it say "Bacon Revolution," depending on the font. Just a (great) idea.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MprDoc View Post
    My other favorite argument I read in a book once claimed that humans are not supposed to eat meat and its soooo obvious because our jaw and our bodies are not designed to run down living prey and drag it to its death. This author has apparently never seen a sea otter use tools to eat shellfish but I suppose the sea otter shouldnt be eating that either.
    Yeah, I think that one was from Skinny Bitch. I don't remember, I've read a lot of those books...so clearly, the only reason I'm interested in Primal is meat eating convention and ignorance about the benefits/logic of vegetarianism! ;-)

I don't begrudge anyone who wants to be a vegetarian or vegan. I just don't like the tactics of certain vegan political organizations (PETA - lets exploit women in our quest to end the explotation of animals), or some of the lies you see in vegetarian propoganda (humans can't digest meat, it rots in your gut - guess my liver and pancreas didn't get the memo).
    Wanna be vegetarian? Great!
    Wanna try to convince others to be? Fine, that's your right, just please do so based on facts.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Beachgirl is offline Member
    I am an ex-vegan and I became vegan for "health reasons", to "not get heart disease", "to avoid cancer", "lower chlosterol",etc. all the usual suspects. I didn't give a rat's behind about "saving the animals." What I discovered was I was screaming hungry and tired all the time. Had been listening to the likes of The China Study, John McDougall, Neal Barnard, T. Colin Campbell, etc.
    Do I think there is an agenda? I sure do. Look at PCRM and see who's the president and top advisors.

Neanderthal is offline Member
    Vegans are people who've never been really hungry.

elfman5150 is offline Member
    If people want to be vegan, let them be vegan. If they want to be paleo/primal, let them be so. It's great that we are able to choose such lifestyles, granted we don't try to enforce our opinions on others. I think there are plenty of vegans out there who truly believe that we should respect and not kill animals. I personally believe that we should certainly treat them humanely, but I also understand that we are omnivores by nature and thus benefit from meat. Not everything is a conspiracy, and not everyone has an agenda. Just my two cents though.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
    Not everything is a conspiracy, and not everyone has an agenda. Just my two cents though.
    That sounds like and agenda to me
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

grokgramma is offline Member
    I was a vegan for a couple of years. It was The McDougall Program and the only agenda was health. I lost a lot of weight on it the strictest version (Maximum Weight Loss), but I have to admit it is like white knuckling it to only eat beans, rice, potaoes and a few green vegetables all the time. So I decided to do the less-strict version which allowed bread, tortillas and all sorts of grains. My weight stalled and then I regained most of what I had lost. So much for the health part. I read somewhere that Mark Sisson's in-laws are vegetarians and have done The McDougall Program. He said he want on a trip to Costa Rica where Dr. McDougall has his sessions and there was a lot of bread and rolls on the table. After beginning the McDougall Program I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which meant if I stayed on the program I would be right back to eating just rice and potatoes agains, so I started eating meat again and have not only started to lose weight, but feel great. You can read my story in the Meet and Greet section of this forum.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    In regards to people it's not a conspiracy. Those people just think it's the right way to eat and I really could care less.

Where I do think it crosses over into conspiracy land is the fact that the government, RD's, pretend health associations like the AHA all seem to be pushing anti meat agenda in their dietary plans. Basically I think the message has two purposes.

1) Animal fat is really not that profitable. Profit margins on butter, bacon, milk, red meat have to be much lower then processed junc garbage made in a biotechnology lab.

2) I generally believe that if you want to create an unhealthy population that taking animal fat out of humans diet will accomplish that. Most of our bodies are saturated fat. Where are you getting fat soluble vitamins A, D, K when you cut animal fat?

So I think it's a conspiracy to make money. The more low fat junk people eat the richer the food, drug and biotechnology companies become on the front side through sales of garbage and on the back side selling statins and chemo.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know what, I just remembered the story of how one of my raw food vegan friends became vegan.

He attended a personal development weekends with Tony Robbins (vegan). If you haven't been on one of those retreats, then imagine: people breaking down, crying, opening up, healing, blahblahblah. A lot of deep, soul searching stuff.

At the end of this weekend of healing and reclaiming your inner power, what did Tony do? He showed them a three hour video. Of cows, chickens, pigs and all our other farmhouse friends, being raised in battery farms, and slaughtered mercilessly. After which he launched into a vegan diatribe. My friend became vegan after that weekend. It was 10 years ago.

Funnily, it never occurred to him that showing a video like that to people who were raw and vulnerable after a weekend of psychotherapy might be manipulative.

Don't know if Tony Robbins is a conspirator, but I certainly think he's a dick.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast