Thread: Carb Refeeding and Leangains page

14emom is offline Member

Carb Refeeding and Leangains

I am going to start Leangains, and I had a question about carb refeeding. I know that on days that I lift weights I should up my carbs and lower my fat, is that carb refeeding? And I was reading in one of Mark's articles that this is for people with low bf%. My bf% is above 20 but below 26 (I'm not exactly sure). Is that too high to carb refeed?

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    eh.. how I understand it in terms of getting your leptin signalling to funcation properly (after being vlc or lc) - carb refeeds aren't needed unless you are already ripped.

In terms of the lean gains protocol - I would ignore the "eat an entire cheesecake!" style Martin pitches if you are trying to lose weight. Save that for after you have achieved metabolic nivana. The most as a novice, intermediate female athlete you would require from a muscle recovery standpoint in terms of carbs is a sweet potato. Once you can get to your desired leaness is when you should be experimenting with "more". The important thing is that you should consume the majority of your carbs during the day, during your post work out meal. hope that helps.
    ad astra per aspera

14emom is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    eh.. how I understand it in terms of getting your leptin signalling to funcation properly (after being vlc or lc) - carb refeeds aren't needed unless you are already ripped.

In terms of the lean gains protocol - I would ignore the "eat an entire cheesecake!" style Martin pitches if you are trying to lose weight. Save that for after you have achieved metabolic nivana. The most as a novice, intermediate female athlete you would require from a muscle recovery standpoint in terms of carbs is a sweet potato. Once you can get to your desired leaness is when you should be experimenting with "more". The important thing is that you should consume the majority of your carbs during the day, during your post work out meal. hope that helps.
    Thanks, that is helpful!