Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Timers? Long Timers? page 3

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DH and I are both 50. We didn't have any serious health issues - yet - but we knew it was only a matter of time before our weight caught up to us. DH lost 45 lbs last year and I've lost 65. We feel 20 years younger. I feel quite certain that my weight loss would have been much harder, maybe even impossible, if I hadn't discovered primal eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
    My wife tells all her friends that's she having an affair with another man! My wife's cousin felt me all over last month - she couldn't believe who I was and that I didn't have folds of loose skin all over me!
    I know exactly what your wife is talking about. What kind of treat is it to discover you're married to man-candy in middle age? For a couple months toward the end of last year, I would catch a glimpse of DH and think, "Who is that strange man walking through my kitchen?" Even with his sort of half hearted approach to exercise and weight lifting, he looks better even than when we met. He hasn't admitted to any women trying to feel him up though, lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    53, started primal 3 yrs ago. I didn't realize I had any health problems other than some extra weight. I was looking ahead at family members that have a whole slew of health problems. I'd been steadily gaining a little weight over the yrs and I thought if I continue on this trajectory I will be where my other family members are in 10 yrs. Went primal and lost 25 lbs, but what I didn't realize is that I had been living with less than optimal health. Now my joints feel great, I no longer have migraines, no more insomnia, no longer have to eat every 2 hrs and I am stronger than I've ever been. I can now do push-ups and chin-ups, that's something I never thought I'd be able to do!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I'll be 56 in 3 months.

I've been about 60-70% "primal" my whole life without realizing what it was called until the past few years. I was raised on meat and veg with occasional potatoes (usually with Sunday dinner), and only had bread as a school kid for my school lunch. Over the last four years or so I've gradually become more primal, and now am about 90-95%. I found the Primal Blueprint two years ago and was happy to see that there's a name for my craziness!

I've never had a weight problem. My blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar have always been ideal. I look around 10-15 years younger than I am. The only medication I've ever needed is thyroid hormone because I've had thyroid surgery. My fitness level is better than 98% of the general population.

Perhaps primal isn't sustainable for the Earth, but for me it's completely sustainable. I don't think it's sustainable for my doctor's income, either, as I only go in for yearly check-ups!

Paleobird Guest
    I'll be 51 in a couple of weeks. Been low carb since 47 and Primal since 48. I've gone from 210lbs and a size 16 to 145 and a size 6.
    My skin, energy level, mood, alertness, and just general overall health are awesome and getting better all the time.

I'm 48, and frankly the idea of 50 being old seems ridiculous.

I'ma have to kick someone's ass!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123