Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of this guy? page

Beachgirl is offline Member

Anyone heard of this guy?

Primal Fuel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QImWYirF0es

The Plant Positive guy is who I'm referring to. He has lots of videos debunking paleo/primal. What do you think?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl View Post
    1 The Journalist Gary Taubes 1: Controlling History - YouTube

The Plant Positive guy is who I'm referring to. He has lots of videos debunking paleo/primal. What do you think?
    Im pretty sure that is Don Matesz. He was heavy into paleo and decided it wasnt for him and turned to a plant based way of eating, now i think hes basically a vegan.

I have never watch the videos because im sure they are filled with half truths and vegan propaganda but his criticisms of paleo are legit and hes a pretty smart guy.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    He presents information and glosses completely over conflicting or refuting information. I'd regard them as half-truths at best.

If you are uninformed then he seems compelling.

Otherwise, watching them feels like trolling yourself.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Beachgirl is offline Member
    So he was Paleo and then turned vegan? I'm heard him say he can't reveal his identity. That must be the reason.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    As the saying goes, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating." Primal is working for me, and has inspired family members to give it a shot. Is it for everyone? Perhaps not. I enjoy food more, perhaps due to higher quality or perhaps due to not filling up with processed crap
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    He presents information and glosses completely over conflicting or refuting information. I'd regard them as half-truths at best.

If you are uninformed then he seems compelling.

Otherwise, watching them feels like trolling yourself.
    This for certain.....

In addition his nasal superslow mode of narration makes me want to crawl face first over a pit of broken glass just to take my mind off of the damage he is doin to my ears.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    PlantPositive used to use the name PrimitiveNutrition and has had an ongoing internet battle with Anthony Colpo (who is also a former paleo type). Check out what Colpo has to say about him if you want to know more.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    For reference although Colpo can be abrasive; he has a lot of good information about athletic nutrition and fat loss. He also wrote a book on cholesterol that has a lot of good information in it.

zebonaut is offline Member
    Anyone defending the work of Ancel Keys needs to remember; that Keys; although not malevolant; was stuck in the 1940''s. The science has since advanced. Keys was not familiar of lipoprotein particle size; glycemic index; etc. This vegan guy Plant Positive; is prolific to say the least. He's got a slew of vids.

Here is a brief profile of Keys, note the 1940's World War II atmosphere:

Ancel Keys: A brief profile - YouTube

hedwards is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zebonaut View Post
    Anyone defending the work of Ancel Keys needs to remember; that Keys; although not malevolant; was stuck in the 1940''s. The science has since advanced. Keys was not familiar of lipoprotein particle size; glycemic index; etc. This vegan guy Plant Positive; is prolific to say the least. He's got a slew of vids.

Here is a brief profile of Keys, note the 1940's World War II atmosphere:

Ancel Keys: A brief profile - YouTube
    I would like to point out that the glycemic index is pretty much completely useless in practical use. Few people eat their foods ingredient at a time permitting the ingredients to clear the digestive track before the next food and when you start mixing ingredients together, the glycemic index of the final product is not something you can derive in an effective way from the ingredients.

Now, if you like to eat your pizza, wheat flour first, followed by the ingredients of the sauce and the cheese and the, well you catch my drift and allow time for them all digest in between, the glycemic index might be for you. But, in practice, it's at best a rough estimate, and not guaranteed to match your body's own reaction to the food, as they didn't use it for the measurement in the first place. And things like variation in the saliva and gastric juices can make a difference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast