Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of this guy? page 2

zebonaut is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I got fat eating "low fat" pizza. I'd clear the "fatty cheese" off the top and just eat the crust. Im reeling just now; thinking about how I must have spiked my blood glucose and insulin; and stimulated appetite; raised my triglycerides; created small dense LDL particles and shot my insulin levels through the roof

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I've listened to a LOT of his rambling for kicks, because I can tell he really believes he is right and I like that, and he sort makes good points once in awhile - but they are just as refutable as anything.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl View Post
    So he was Paleo and then turned vegan? I'm heard him say he can't reveal his identity. That must be the reason.
    is he batman now?

do people seriously get this worked up about their diet? 'i must not reveal my true identity!'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    is he batman now?

do people seriously get this worked up about their diet? 'i must not reveal my true identity!'
    That is exactly what I was thinking! Too funny.

pslebow is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest that no one on this site spend anytime on Plant Positive. He so thoroughly and meticulously tears the paleo fad to shreds, exposing the lack of any anthropological or biological basis, that any paleos here with an ounce of scientific honesty would be very threatened. Its easy to say his ideas are "just as refutable as anything" but I haven't seen anyone give a point-by-point critique of his videos as he does against the high-fat, low-carb marketeers.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pslebow View Post
    I would suggest that no one on this site spend anytime on Plant Positive. He so thoroughly and meticulously tears the paleo fad to shreds, exposing the lack of any anthropological or biological basis, that any paleos here with an ounce of scientific honesty would be very threatened. Its easy to say his ideas are "just as refutable as anything" but I haven't seen anyone give a point-by-point critique of his videos as he does against the high-fat, low-carb marketeers.
    You must of missed my point by point critique earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

....his nasal superslow mode of narration makes me want to crawl face first over a pit of broken glass just to take my mind off of the damage he is doin to my ears.
    Send me the transcript and maybe I'll read it...then shred it for its lack of anything useful....but I refuse to submit my ears to such pain ever again!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I ignored most of his videos for a while. The only person I've seen take him on is Anthony Colpo and Colpo got dismantled.
    He destroys a hell of a lot of the things you read in paleo blogs. You'll see how one or 2 people say something then next thing you know it's circulated and accepted as fact.
    Take Ancel keys for example. Turns out he didn't "cherry pick" 7 countries from the 22 country graph at all as I learned from this blog. He ditched countries that didn't have adequate mortality data, INCLUDING countries that would of best supported his hypothesis. People should be more careful before smearing the name and trashing the legacy of the deceased.

Edit.
    He just covered that Catalyst episode.
    Catalyst Corrected 1 (The History of Diet-Heart, Part 1 Ancel Keys, George Mann, and John Yudkin ) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by zebonaut View Post
    I got fat eating "low fat" pizza. I'd clear the "fatty cheese" off the top and just eat the crust. Im reeling just now; thinking about how I must have spiked my blood glucose and insulin; and stimulated appetite; raised my triglycerides; created small dense LDL particles and shot my insulin levels through the roof
    Most pizza bases have a fair bit of oil. As well as the oil it would have soaked up from the cheese while cooking.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 01-26-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. He may an agenda but I have not heard anyone put forth more credible and documented arguments, including Chris Masterjohn. Even Denise Minger has thoroughly debunked the HFLC lies re Ancel Keys. Just compare his presentation to some of the crackpots who regularly show-up on Jimmy Moore's podcasts.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    I made it to the start of the 2nd video. The guy is so full of misdirection and straw man arguments it's ridiculous. I don't know if he's a vegan militant, was paleo in the past or whatever. It's not worth the time to listen to.

jacobsen001 is offline Member
    I was never a vegan, nor vegetarian. I ate fish and dairy, but no meat… until recently.
    Eating meat I feel so much better.
    But I have to say, a healthy vegetarian diet is still better than the average western diet.
    As someone who still ate fish you can still eat low carb without realising. I was eating fish and avocado, no grains, no simple carbs. I felt pretty well. It is easy to think this kind of diet is optimum.
    Im not talking about a veggie diet that is full of crappy carbs and soy and sugar.
    its not the best, but far better than the worst
    'Myths which are believed in tend to become true'
    George Orwell

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast