Thread: Starting Primal and getting over Bulimia page

CocoValentine is offline Junior Member

Red face Starting Primal and getting over Bulimia

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!

I am a 25 year old university student from Germany.
    I have been struggling with bulimia for seven years and I tried almost everything to overcome it. I have tried just about every diet there is going, you name it and I have done it (e.g. Weight Watchers, Atkins, Zone, Dukan, Vegan, Vegetarian for 4 years, but always low fat-high carb, except for atkins and dukan, of course).
    Of course, without long-lasting success because I always slipped back into old habits.
    But this time it is different! Since January 1st, 2013 I have been on a gluten free diet and staying away from social drinking and feel fantastic. There are no more cravings for sugary stuff, no more stomach pain, less depression, losing my fear of fat, and the most important thing for me: NO MORE BINGES!
    I really do believe that I have finally found the right way!

I am feeling pretty well with this way of eating and after tons of research, I found Mark’s blog and read it with great interest. Primal eating sounds so logical and I have been eating like this for a week now and am totally into it. I combine it with IF (8-hour feeding period and fast during a 16-24-hour fasting period). I am much more energized and have fun in doing the PBF routine. If I look back on the excess cardio workouts I did before, they seemed rather obligating and stressful than fun.

The PBF routine is just fine for me because I love walking, hiking and doing Pilates on my slowly moving days and lifting heavy things twice a week and sprint/hiit once a week is the perfect combination for me to enjoy sports.

To record my effort, I will track my progress in a food journal on this site.
    By the way, I am grateful for any advice!

Last but not least, I am sorry for any grammar mistakes, but English is not my mother tongue.

Thanks for reading,
    Coco
    Last edited by CocoValentine; 02-12-2013 at 01:43 PM.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Hi Coco,

Welcome. I'm new as well and I have problems with binging too. I don't purge so I don't think I'd be considered bulimic, but I've also noticed that all my binges predominently feature foods that are either grains, starches, or sugar. If I eat meat or vegetables at all during a binge it's probably because they had a pizza underneath them ;-).

I'm glad you're finding success with Primal, and I'm so happy you found relief from bulimia. Eating disorders are truly miserable.

Best of luck!

CocoValentine is offline Junior Member
    Thanks s-piper!

Yeah, it's so true that only foods like grains, starches and sugar trigger the binges. But I realized that I got to beware of heavy cream and trail mix, too. It caused some binge behaviour, lately, which isn't good. :/ I emptied the last container today and I won't buy any new for the next month. Hopefully I can stay away from it, for good. I'll definitely give it a try.

Wish you all the best, as well. Stay strong!