Thread: Hi from Scotland! page

tannadine is offline Junior Member

Hi from Scotland!

Shop Now
    Hello everyone,

My name is Natalie. I am 25 years old, and I found MDA quite by accident. Now I am hooked on looking through all of the entries and information, and I have bought the books.

I'm going to be honest, I am a wee bit scared, a bit apprehensive. I've been on 'diets' since I was twelve, and the net result of thirteen years of doing that is I am now 238lbs - much more than is healthy for someone who is 5' 4"! I guess what I am worried about is having to subsist on eggs... I know that's probably silly but its what I am worried about (my eggs always turn out rubbery!).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I hope to speak to more of you in the coming weeks and I'd just like to say thanks to Mark for such an amazing resource.

Love from Scotland,

Natalie

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    All the more reason to practice you egg perfecting skills
    And its not like you "have" to eat loads of eggs.. There bacon and steaks and roast and duck(what I had tonight, yum!) and plenty of other options.
    Also if your used to cooking reg store bought eggs that might be part of the problem, try and find somewhere local that have there own chickens(farm shops are a good place to start looking) fresh free range eggs taste so much better
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

tannadine is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your reply! My dad has his own chickens, so he's kindly been supplying me with fresh eggs - you're right, all the more reason to learn how to cook them properly and do them justice!

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Hmmm, no excuse not to eat them then
    Try experimenting, cooking them different ways (low heat/high heat etc) to find what works best with your equipment. I cook on a gas hob with cast iron but if you cooking with electric or induction hob is going to work differently & using ceramic or non-stick pans are going to both effect how it turns out.
    Or just eat them raw
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/