Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not losing weight :( page 2

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Ground turkey and olive oil =/= steak and butter. Fat isn't one thing, it's a whole category of things. Stop being afraid of real food.
    Amen!

OP - give bacon a try! I love cooking things in bacon grease. I cook 2-3 strips of bacon in a pan, remove when crispy but keep the grease in the pan. I sautee veggies, cook my meat, make over-easy eggs... all in the grease. Any leftover grease I actually keep in a jar on my counter so if I run out when cooking something, I can just grab a spoonful of the congealed grease and add it to my pan.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    What are you doing for exercise?

I'm not sure I would categorize rock climbing as "intense" (exerting, tiring yes).

Are you lifting heavy things? this is a HUUUUGE part of the primal blueprint!
    Are you moving around (walking, hiking)
    Are you sprinting twice a week?

regardless once a week is not going to help you lose additional weight without cutting the amount of food you are eating.
    If you don't want to up your exercise then I would recommend the following:

cut out the nuts (this is kind of a primal cliche for losing weight), up your chocolate to 85%+
    ad astra per aspera

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Regarding rock climbing as not intense: check out this article and let me know if you feel that it falls into the realm of intense exercise (maybe it does).
    ad astra per aspera

Maybe I missed how tall you were?? But where did you come up with 170 as an ideal weight?
    Do you have a sedentary job? If so, one rock climbing session a week probably isn't enough physical activity.
    The last 10 pounds are always the hardest to lose too and will often take a bit longer than you want so patience (in addition to adding more foooood/fat) might be the answers

vibe is offline Junior Member
    Following the advice in this thread, I started eating bacon, sausage, and chicken drumsticks with the skin. I switched from olive oil to coconut oil, and I stopped buying skinless chicken breasts. I also reuse the bacon grease to cook the next meal. I haven't eaten any nuts in the last week.

I started losing weight again! About 1.5 lbs in the last week. Thanks to all again for the advice.

I'm a little concerned about eating bacon all the time though, are there any health issues with that due to the high salt content?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vibe View Post
    I'm a little concerned about eating bacon all the time though, are there any health issues with that
    Yes

due to the high salt content?
    Not usually

I'd be more worried about the PUFA content. Are you getting pastured bacon or conventional?

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    I'm a little concerned about eating bacon all the time though, are there any health issues with that due to the high salt content?
    fwiw: I tend to have bacon only on saturday mornings, then I pig out on it. often its all I'll have before dinner.

Here is mark's take on bacon:
    A Quick Guide to Bacon | Mark's Daily Apple

vibe is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yes

Not usually

I'd be more worried about the PUFA content. Are you getting pastured bacon or conventional?
    I found some marked "Gluten and Casein free" at Sprouts Farmers Market...it says its minimally processed, but I'll check the PUFA content when I get home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12