Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with my thighs~ page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

Whats up with my thighs~

So I feel like some days I wake up, and my abdomen is super defined, and my thighs lean and slender! And I'm tight and toned. Then I will wake up and look like I have no abs, and my thighs are 2 inches larger! My Butt jiggles like no other!

Any ideas? Why does this keep happening?
    SW: 200
    GW: When I get there I will know
    CW: 121!!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Cheesy though it may sound, there's a good chance it's all in your head. It sounds like what I get from time to time (I have mild body dysmorphia, like the majority of women in the Western world). Even a slight change in skin-tone can make a woman feel thinner or fatter. You'll probably find that, if you take exact measurements every morning, fat levels go up and down over a week or so, but that the daily changes you're perceiving aren't actually happening or as extreme as you feel.

If it's real, it is probably just water retention, mind. Either way, not much to worry about.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    God the ignore feature is a marvelous thing.

I think this is normal. There are days when there's water retention. Also, some say that just before you lose some weight your fat gets squishy. I don't know if that's true, but people have observed this.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

little vase is offline Senior Member
    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    God the ignore feature is a marvelous thing.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You're retaining a lot of water. It's likely you're eating too much fat.
    nihil

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    YES thank god.
    I measure them too, it varies. Odd.
    SW: 200
    GW: When I get there I will know
    CW: 121!!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're retaining a lot of water. It's likely you're eating too much fat.
    Isn't it muscle glycogen that's responsible for extra water retention? Or is there some mechanism by which fat metabolism causes it? Not trying to be a jerk, just never heard of this.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    And to the OP I am sorry but from your pic you look fine, and your weight is pretty normal if you ask me.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Isn't it muscle glycogen that's responsible for extra water retention? Or is there some mechanism by which fat metabolism causes it? Not trying to be a jerk, just never heard of this.
    Poor co2 production causes excessive loss of salt and retention of water. Carbs are essential for the production of co2, so a diet high in fat and low in carbs can cause water retention. So does a diet high in carbs without adequate sodium too.
    nihil

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Poor co2 production causes excessive loss of salt and retention of water. Carbs are essential for the production of co2, so a diet high in fat and low in carbs can cause water retention. So does a diet high in carbs without adequate sodium too.
    Dude... it's an anomaly to have a low CO2 test on low carb.
    I've explained this before.

Yes eating HFLC can cause a person to shed extra fluids and deplete some electrolytes but as long as you are consuming adequate salt you are fine.

I eat low HFLC and take a medication that can cause the low CO2 problem (along with other very low electrolytes, particularly K depletion), and therefore must be tested regularly... I also consume VERY minimal salt as I'm on a sodium restricted diet for the same medical reasons that I have to take that medicine that can often cause the low CO2...
    I always test in the mid to upper "normal" range.

Stop waiving errant information about like it's simply a FACT that it happens to everyone.
    Geez.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast