Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with my thighs~ page 4

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    To be honest, I found this thread kind of shocking. I know some people consider Derpamix a troll, but seriously? Do you realise what it looks like from an outsider perspective? He offered one suggestion and he was jumped on. It like you put him in the pillory. Someone actually applauded an insult. FFS. Mob mentality.

How do we know that excess fat in the diet doesn't cause water retention anyway? Last I checked, there were plenty of things science didn't have the answer to.

The OP is long gone.
    In my experience for my body, too many starchy carbs bloat me, without them bloating is not a regular occurance, except for the usual time in a womans cycle.

I have posted this before, and was told I was wrong.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    In my experience for my body, too many starchy carbs bloat me, without them bloating is not a regular occurance, except for the usual time in a womans cycle.

I have posted this before, and was told I was wrong.
    I don't know what has been said before, but in this instance I didn't think he was saying that carbs never bloat anyone: just that bloating can also be caused by dietary fat. The OP was talking about "bloat" around her thighs anyway - I've never heard of carbs causing that. If I eat too many carbs I do retain water, but it's all in the hips.

I'm not an expert, but they don't really know what causes cellulite - maybe it's inflammation of fat cells due to fat intake. I'm just speculating.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My doctors have me on HFLC to prevent water retention because it helps with a medical issue I have...
    My neurologist explained why it works.
    I trust his understanding of how the body works a little better than yours.
    Guess what? I really do not care.

Oh, let me add an emoticon so my message doesn't seem as mean.

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That isn't a "mean" message at all...
    Trusting someone with years of medical schooling specializing in brain function who is well versed in how to control my condition with the minimum medication necessary since he believes in a holistic approach vs. some anon dude on the internet who's singular purpose seems to be giving newbies advice counter to the Primal advice they come here for.

Not a hard choice really.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    To be honest, I found this thread kind of shocking. I know some people consider Derpamix a troll, but seriously? Do you realise what it looks like from an outsider perspective? He offered one suggestion and he was jumped on. It like you put him in the pillory. Someone actually applauded an insult. FFS. Mob mentality.

How do we know that excess fat in the diet doesn't cause water retention anyway? Last I checked, there were plenty of things science didn't have the answer to.

The OP is long gone.
    Yep. After Derpamix offensive and rude in a subtsantial portion of threads, I found it a well said summation. Maybe Derpamix should just stop being a troll and offensive. It is amazing every thread doesn't derailed when DM chimes in. Would you prefer I jump in with my own insult next time? Maybe I will. I'm sick of it - and its not a mob mentality to one post, its a frustration at the same pattern of behaviour. DM can continue being a troll and being rude and either the thread derails when someone objects or it stands unchallenged and the stupid posts continue. I wish the little t**d was banned, I am sick of the interesting conversations being derailed.
    Last edited by Danielfire; 02-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Im not ENTIRELY positive buuuuuuuuut... I dont think he likes you derp
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Hahaha Quarry is so ridiculously mad he follows me in another thread. Keep riding my coattails, just know that I feed off your tears, they're growing this pustule.

I'm sure to you it was beautifully expressed, what, with your permanent position behind people and your obvious low standards. It's safe there, isn't it, plebeian? If the mods weren't completely biased, I'd be able to say a lot worse things, but it'd just earn me another 10 day suspension while people like you have free reign to spew garbage all over this forum just because of their affinity to a particular side of diet. Pretty sad. I wonder why I'm unable to even defend myself here while people like Quarry shit up every thread they're in.

you're nuffink to me you little mug, so keep it coming you right proper munter
    no, not insulting at all.

I can keep going if you want. I am on call overnight and I am happy to quote everyone of your pathetic offensive posts along with your stupid assertion you are not offensive. But, I'd feel bad for all the nice folks who probably grit their teeth the first time your nonsense appeared.
    Last edited by Danielfire; 02-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Does the pope sht in the woods?

Everyone is so curmudgeonly when i cant sleep, s'weird
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Does the pope sht in the woods?

Everyone is so curmudgeonly when i cant sleep, s'weird
    Aw, why can't you sleep?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I didn't eat enough fruit today why are you fussing with your forum mates on such a lovely witch-teat cold evening?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast