Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with my thighs~ page 3

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hahahaha you just got scienced.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ohhh Derp... You fail.

Mosquitoes are most highly attracted by our dear old CO2...
    And a good rich blood meal, including that iron, is exactly what the females are looking for because they can't develop fertile eggs without it.
    ???

I don't watch the discovery channel animal shows, though, they look interesting. I always assumed iron repelled mosquitoes, so w/e, guess that's a myth because you say it's attractive to them, that means it is. I got told so hard someone made science a verb.

Btw excessive iron in the blood stunts co2.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're retaining a lot of water. It's likely you're eating too much fat.
    No. Zach said it was too many carbs.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I retain fluid when I have too many carbs, never too much fat.
    Remember this guy is a troll.
    yep

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    No. Zach said it was too many carbs.
    Actually people who handle carbs efficiently (healthy metabolism) usually are lean, defined and muscular.

Someone said earlier that if fat causes bloating then why arent more people bloated on a low carb diet. Uhh, i see people complaining about bloat all the time around here. Its not as simple as carbs or salt holds water = bloat. That just means your body is not utilizing those nutriants correctly. Low carb is usually always the culprit.

Hiarious that Derp gets this kind of treatment when he is the only ine actually attempting to offer a solution.

As for the OP, its impossible to say without more information. Whats yor daily diet like, how much bodyfat do you have, what types of foods do you eat the night before his happens? Stress and sleep could also be a factor.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Oh my GOD. OP I hope you got your question answered. This turned into a nasty troll squashing thread.
    Agreed on that score. It derailed fast.

To the OP- I agree with one of the earlier posts, that this may be a mild form of body dysmorphia. I have it, and it's really weird. Some days I think I look skinny (I'm not) and some days I see myself as I am, when my measurements and weight really haven't changed.

Lighting can affect how you see yourself, also. For that matter, even a mirror can, since a mirror with any warp in it at all can make you appear either wider or skinnier than you (guess which type they use in women's dressing rooms?)

But to be sure, I'd start measuring and keep a spreadsheet. See if there is an actual difference in your measurements between the days you think you appear skinny and the days you feel you appear bloated.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hiarious that Derp gets this kind of treatment when he is the only ine actually attempting to offer a solution.
    No, he isn't. He just posted the only "solution" that was unusual enough to get a response calling it so. Plenty of others have offered advice.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Oh my GOD. OP I hope you got your question answered. This turned into a nasty troll squashing thread. Not that I don't think trolls should be squashed... But still.
    To be honest, I found this thread kind of shocking. I know some people consider Derpamix a troll, but seriously? Do you realise what it looks like from an outsider perspective? He offered one suggestion and he was jumped on. It like you put him in the pillory. Someone actually applauded an insult. FFS. Mob mentality.

How do we know that excess fat in the diet doesn't cause water retention anyway? Last I checked, there were plenty of things science didn't have the answer to.

The OP is long gone.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Perhaps it has to do with the basic idea that just because a person can imagine something and it suits their agenda does not make it a valid hypothesis.
    It was explained several times. I actually implore people to look it up. It's not so far-fetched. In that vein, just because others deny it, doesn't declare it an invalid hypothesis either. Last I checked, the only thing that was posted towards me regarding what was written in the usual mob mentality playground style insults being uttered from middle aged people. Kind of sad how "too much fat" is all it takes to ignite these goons.

Someone said earlier that if fat causes bloating then why arent more people bloated on a low carb diet. Uhh, i see people complaining about bloat all the time around here. Its not as simple as carbs or salt holds water = bloat. That just means your body is not utilizing those nutriants correctly. Low carb is usually always the culprit.
    Yup.
    To be honest, I found this thread kind of shocking. I know some people consider Derpamix a troll, but seriously? Do you realise what it looks like from an outsider perspective? He offered one suggestion and he was jumped on. It like you put him in the pillory. Someone actually applauded an insult. FFS. Mob mentality.

How do we know that excess fat in the diet doesn't cause water retention anyway? Last I checked, there were plenty of things science didn't have the answer to.
    Oooga booga, me grok.

Grok behaved this way, so should they.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My doctors have me on HFLC to prevent water retention because it helps with a medical issue I have...
    My neurologist explained why it works.
    I trust his understanding of how the body works a little better than yours.

I actually have days when I treat myself and eat higher carb because I'm not an ascetic and have no desire to be... the effects are very noticeable.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast