Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with my thighs~ page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I said can for a reason. There are various contributions to co2 levels, such as altitude and other things. It's definitely a possibility though, hence why I said it. Low salt is likely the culprit anyway.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're retaining a lot of water. It's likely you're eating too much fat.
    I agree that it's likely water retention, but this is the first I heard that fat caused water retention (although I know that carbs do).

Why do you think that fat causes water retention?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I agree that it's likely water retention, but this is the first I heard that fat caused water retention (although I know that carbs do).

Why do you think that fat causes water retention?
    I posted one theory on the previous page. Other could be too many unsaturated fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I posted one theory on the previous page. Other could be too many unsaturated fats.
    Ok, I've gone back and read all of your posts in this thread.

I now agree with the others that you are a stupid troll.

Time to roll out the ignore function.

I had thought that FW's "You are a pustule on the ass of humanity." was a little strong, but really, your posts are either pointless or just make people reading them dumber.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.

Ok, I've gone back and read all of your posts in this thread.

I now agree with the others that you are a stupid troll.

Time to roll out the ignore function.

I had thought that FW's "You are a pustule on the ass of humanity." was a little strong, but really, your posts are either pointless or just make people reading them dumber.
    "…the essential element of stress is the inadequacy of energy to meet a challenge, and when energy is inefficient water is taken up. -Ray Peat, PhD

When respiration is blocked tissues take up water. -Ray Peat, PhD"

It's a good thing you're letting me know that you're ignoring me, because it's real likely I would have several posts addressed to someone as interesting as yourself. After all, you're full of knowledge, and you cleverly refuted my points with ad hominems and buzzwords.

What retains water in living cells?

I appreciate the kind words about my posts, but even I don't think they're capable of miracles.

I decided to read your post, since I had been reasonably insulting to you in my previous one, and was perhaps a little unfair.

From my own personal experiences, my body retains water when I have more 'stuff' that has to remain in solution. When you eat salt, that salt doesn't travel around your body in crystal form. It's dissolved in water, so eating more salt causes you to retain more water (and increases your blood pressure). Ditto with carbs. Glucose doesn't flow through your arteries by itself. It needs to be toughly four parts water for one part glucose. Eating carbs causes you to retain water.

You threw out that water retention was likely caused by too much fat, which I have NEVER seen before. When I asked you for more details, let's just say that I wasn't convinced by your supporting arguements and equivocations. I don't subscribe to the 'peatarian' school of thought.

The 'miracle weight loss' that most people experience when they go primal by dumping the carbs and piling on the fat is all water loss. How can that possibly be if you are right and it's the fat that causes water retention? Shouldn't people be reporting increased bloating when they increase the fat content of their diet if you are right?
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-12-2013 at 03:48 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My dog is annoyed by fleas (when the neighbors unwashed horde of cats deposit them in my yard), which in turn annoys me because he scratches and because I have to deal with those nasty parasite spreading little insects...

What does that say about my dog and me?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh my GOD. OP I hope you got your question answered. This turned into a nasty troll squashing thread. Not that I don't think trolls should be squashed... But still.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

I decided to read your post, since I had been reasonably insulting to you in my previous one, and was perhaps a little unfair.

From my own personal experiences, my body retains water when I have more 'stuff' that has to remain in solution. When you eat salt, that salt doesn't travel around your body in crystal form. It's dissolved in water, so eating more salt causes you to retain more water (and increases your blood pressure). Ditto with carbs. Glucose doesn't flow through your arteries by itself. It needs to be toughly four parts water for one part glucose. Eating carbs causes you to retain water.

You threw out that water retention was likely caused by too much fat, which I have NEVER seen before. When I asked you for more details, let's just say that I wasn't convinced by your supporting arguements and equivocations. I don't subscribe to the 'peatarian' school of thought.

The 'miracle weight loss' that most people experience when they go primal by dumping the carbs and piling on the fat is all water loss. How can that possibly be if you are right and it's the fat that causes water retention? Shouldn't people be reporting increased bloating when they increase the fat content of their diet if you are right?
    That's lipolysis liberating fatty acids from stored fat, it's not just water weight. In my previous post I mentioned ATP. Randle cycle -> PUFA -> decreased cellular respiration -> increased water in cells. Everything is connected to everything. I don't really like to clarify, as I'm not very good at it since my spelling and grammar are atrocious.

I'm annoyed by mosquitos. What's that say about me, Chief?
    The same thing, except, if I'm supposed to be like a mosquito, I'm not attracted to your scent at all, ergo I'm not actively out to annoy you. You're being annoyed by me, which says wonders about your state of mind.

I'd imagine mosquitos would be repulsed by you as well, since your blood tastes like iron and you probably stink.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh Derp... You fail.

Mosquitoes are most highly attracted by our dear old CO2...
    And a good rich blood meal, including that iron, is exactly what the females are looking for because they can't develop fertile eggs without it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast