Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another ignorant, egg-hating article page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
    Haha! This made me laugh out loud. I thought the same thing, except I think I'll use ghee instead. No wait, actually I think I'll make scrambled eggs, topped with a poached egg. Yea, that sounds about right.
    You know, I have always found scrambled eggs a bit dry for my taste. This totally takes care of so many issues!....

Oh, and if I don't eat eggs for a meal I still throw back 2-3 raw egg yolks each day (ditching the useless whites). Mmmmm good.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I love eggs and I don't think they are unhealthy for most people. A while ago I ate more than twenty eggs a day for four weeks as a part of a diet. Dietary colestrol has little to do with blood colestrol anyway...

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Yea, I tend to go through egg phases. Some weeks I'll go through a couple dozen, while others I'll only have 1 or 2 the entire week. Well, at least by themselves anyway. They are extremely versatile, though, and an extremely convenient source of energy. Make some hard-boiled eggs ahead of time if your in a rush, or poach some if you have leisure time in the morning. Either way, it's MUCH better than the SAD breakfast of cereal, coffee with sugar, and OJ (for the 'healthier SAs).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Take a hunk of cooked beef (burger, steak, whatever), and top with some butter. Top the butter with a gently fried egg, yolk side down. Tap the egg until the yolk runs over the buttered beef - instant hollandaise without the hassle. A spritz of lemon is optional. (Also a CW cardiologist's worst nightmare, but that's just a side benefit.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Take a hunk of cooked beef (burger, steak, whatever), and top with some butter. Top the butter with a gently fried egg, yolk side down. Tap the egg until the yolk runs over the buttered beef - instant hollandaise without the hassle. A spritz of lemon is optional. (Also a CW cardiologist's worst nightmare, but that's just a side benefit.)
    I adore eggs on burger patties! Nom nom nom...
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Erik W is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Dietary cholesterol has little to do with anything at all. In fact, it basically does absolutely nothing. The only reason cholesterol rises with age, or at all, is because it's not being converted to the proper hormones. I find it astonishing how this ignorance still exists, and how much money is being wasted trying to vilify something so benign.
    Exactly. I remember talking to two students at the nutritionist program...they said that nowadays, we have learned that eggs are not as dangerous as people thought they were in the past. Unless you have problems with cholesterol already, you can easily eat a couple of eggs a day.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W View Post
    Exactly. I remember talking to two students at the nutritionist program...they said that nowadays, we have learned that eggs are not as dangerous as people thought they were in the past. Unless you have problems with cholesterol already, you can easily eat a couple of eggs a day.
    Or a couple dozen a day:
    Despite 25 eggs a day, man's cholesterol OK - Baltimore Sun
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    TFC eats the raw yolk out of eggs as his PWO snack much to the astonishment of other people at his gym.
    Tasty good! However the limeaceous egg white goes down the drain that shit is nasty.
    ad astra per aspera

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    TFC eats the raw yolk out of eggs as his PWO snack much to the astonishment of other people at his gym.
    Tasty good! However the limeaceous egg white goes down the drain that shit is nasty.
    Careful with the drains....hot water can cause some issue here . I eat my raw yolks by the trash can instead. Avoid the plumbing issues.

OldGuy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As a long time lurker, I decided to make my first post here.. since the video I posted today was on topic.

Eggs are the best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast