Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet another ignorant, egg-hating article page 2

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    For the first 56 days I was primal, I had eggs for breakfast 28 of those days.
    I don't read or subscribe to Men's Fitness.

Coincidence?

I think not!
    Last edited by PBNewby; 02-12-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    It's unlikely Grok would have come across dozens of large eggs every week after the dinosaurs went extinct.
    Good point (except about the dinosaurs - that made me giggle). Eggs are an amazing food source, but I doubt they were a staple in Grok's diet. He might be lucky enough to stumble across a nest every now and then, depending on the season, but he probably wasn't consuming them every day, or even every month. That said, most of us need an inexpensive, nutritious staple, and eggs fit the bill. I'd rather break the rules for eggs than go back to making cereals the staple in my diet.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm about to have six eggs cooked in bacon grease - just like I did yesterday!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I think eggs may have been at least a seasonal staple in Groks diet. Bird,reptile and insect eggs were probably consumed when found I would imagine.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Good point (except about the dinosaurs - that made me giggle). Eggs are an amazing food source, but I doubt they were a staple in Grok's diet. He might be lucky enough to stumble across a nest every now and then, depending on the season, but he probably wasn't consuming them every day, or even every month. That said, most of us need an inexpensive, nutritious staple, and eggs fit the bill. I'd rather break the rules for eggs than go back to making cereals the staple in my diet.
    Why do we still care what "Grok" may or may not have done? Why can't we instead look at the nutritional content of food and then decide how much of it to eat? While we're typing on computers and everything... If you want to go on some "grok diet" where you eat the bare minimum of everything because chances are that's how we had it, by all means be my guest, but just because Grok may not have been able to eat his fill of eggs doesn't mean eggs are UNHEALTHY.

Also, if you're seriously going to base all your food on what Grok may or may not have done you might as well stop eating all vegetables, and never ever ever EVER have a salad with more than 2 ingredients.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Why do we still care what "Grok" may or may not have done? Why can't we instead look at the nutritional content of food and then decide how much of it to eat? While we're typing on computers and everything... If you want to go on some "grok diet" where you eat the bare minimum of everything because chances are that's how we had it, by all means be my guest, but just because Grok may not have been able to eat his fill of eggs doesn't mean eggs are UNHEALTHY.

Also, if you're seriously going to base all your food on what Grok may or may not have done you might as well stop eating all vegetables, and never ever ever EVER have a salad with more than 2 ingredients.
    I think you missed my point. At the end there, I said that I'd rather make eggs my staple than cereals because eggs are healthy and inexpensive. Quite the opposite of which you're accusing me. I pointed out the accessibility of eggs to paleo man because it's relevant to our evolutionary perspective and an interesting factoid. Not sure why your panties are in such a bunch over it.
    Last edited by Kata; 02-12-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: clarification

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    The "you" were in a general sense, not directed at you. I should have specified. I also missed that last part, my fault.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    I guess I'm in trouble. I probably eat two dozen eggs a week.
    Same here. Four for breakfast every morning (two whole, two whites) and I only limit myself to the whites to help me better control my calorie intake, not because I'm afraid of cholestorol
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Dietary cholesterol has little to do with anything at all. In fact, it basically does absolutely nothing. The only reason cholesterol rises with age, or at all, is because it's not being converted to the proper hormones. I find it astonishing how this ignorance still exists, and how much money is being wasted trying to vilify something so benign.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    The outdated thinking that the cholesterol you eat goes straight to your blood and is therefore bad is just as old and wrong as the "fat is bad" junk. The body produces all the cholesterol it needs, or not if you eat it in your diet, and excretes what it doesn't need. Few things you eat go directly into your bloodstream unprocessed; most things are greatly altered before use, or excreted if toxic or unneeded. I don't think they definitely knows how blood cholesterol is regulated yet, but it isn't by eggs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast