Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siberian Ginseng page

KarenCreftor is offline Junior Member

Siberian Ginseng

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, other than introducing myself I'm new here

I have adrenal exhaustion, partly caused by the fact I'm currently recovering from chronic heavy metal poisoning. Through research I've seen Siberian Ginseng is recommended and I can see it's a useful little dude, but I have also read it can cause palpitations which is already a symptom of AE...so it's a case of should I or not?

I suppose the only way to know is to try it, but I wondered what your thoughts and experiences with it are?

Also how would you go about buying SG? Powder, capsule, tablet, tea, root, tincture etc. The purist in me is leaning towards powder or tincture, but is there a way to know how good the quality is?

Cheers!
    ~Kaz x

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenCreftor View Post
    Hi all, other than introducing myself I'm new here

I have adrenal exhaustion, partly caused by the fact I'm currently recovering from chronic heavy metal poisoning. Through research I've seen Siberian Ginseng is recommended and I can see it's a useful little dude, but I have also read it can cause palpitations which is already a symptom of AE...so it's a case of should I or not?

I suppose the only way to know is to try it, but I wondered what your thoughts and experiences with it are?

Also how would you go about buying SG? Powder, capsule, tablet, tea, root, tincture etc. The purist in me is leaning towards powder or tincture, but is there a way to know how good the quality is?

Cheers!
    ~Kaz x
    I have no experience with ginsing but may i ask how you got heavy metal poisoning and what you are currently doing for adrenal fatigue?

Hi Zach,

The metal poisoning is a complicated one...when I was 4 me and my family were poisoned through our water supply and then soon after, due to weak enamel (another long story~ linked to EDS~hypermobility) I had amalgam fillings. My mum was also a dental nurse in the days when she mixed filling with bare hands! So she of course has a history of poisoning too...we're working on getting healthy together

I only found out a lot of the causes etc. over the past two years. I had my fillings replaced (which were blocking recovery) just over a year ago and have been going through a ma-hoo-sive detox and my health has definitely improved in many ways.

I am a nature bunny tbh, and avoid docs as much as possible after many bad experiences with them. I'm still learning about adrenal fatigue, but I'm focusing on lifestyle~ not exercising in the evenings, cutting all processed food (esp. carbs), meditation and stress control, eating soon after waking etc. As you can see I have a complicated history of health, (which I've been told I should accept and take pills for) so I'm no stranger to lots of research and doing things in an alternative way...but I refuse to believe this and am determined to show everyone I can have complete health through the right lifestyle one day

Sorry for rambling haha x
    Last edited by KarenCreftor; 02-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was under the impression ginseng was a stimulant. If that's the case, it would only hamper your recovery efforts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    My only experience is when an old roommate took it, it turned him into an ornery, cantakerous mess and he stopped after a month when his girlfriend (now wife) told him she was gone if he didn't.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Oh dear, that's not a good sign!

naiadknight, apparently siberian ginseng isn't technically ginseng, but yes I'd heard that too. I've heard so many good things about SG but the only thing that makes me hesitate is it can sometimes cause palpitations...which I get enough of already lol.

I'm also not sure how to know you're getting good quality when it comes to supplements :S x

I'd say not to take it if it has a propensity for palpitations to begin with, let alone if you already have them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't Chlorella help with heavy metal detoxification?

Zach is offline Banned
    The absolute worst thing you could do for adrenal fatigue is to cut out carbs from your diet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    The absolute worst thing you could do for adrenal fatigue is to cut out carbs from your diet.
    Shut it, troll.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast