Thread: No Longer Lurking page

Happyprimal is offline Junior Member

Talking No Longer Lurking

Primal Fuel
    Good Morning All!
    I've been lurking here since last May and have been primal about 5 months. I started a journal yesterday, and thought I'd try getting involved in the primal community. I spend a lot of time reading MDA and all the other great blogs and listening to the many podcasts. Though I practically live in Houston, I often feel like I'm the only one around here that follows a primal lifestyle. I know there are many in other parts of town, they just don't seem to be near here (unless I want to join Crossfit). I thought I'd try communicating with others to see if it helps with some of the primal obsessions I have going on in my mind. Maybe if I can release some of my thoughts, I can relax more and just live it. Anyone one else find they obsess over getting as much info as they can on primal, paleo, or fitness? I think it has added to my stress.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome.

I spend too much time researching it yes, but I am that way with everything. I am starting to really enjoy this forum, and spend too much time here as well. I am a lot less active in the winter months though, so a little balance will return as the weather changes.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

smalot is offline Member
    The more I learn the more I want to learn. I have been paleo for about 26 days and on a huge learning curve.

I look forward to connecting with you on the forum.
    Doing my 30 day paleo challenge right now
    www.everydaypaleosolution.com

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I over-research things myself, so you're definitely not alone! Being in Texas will make finding good meat pretty easy, I can imagine.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Happyprimal is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, you all.
    I bookmarked your website, smalot, so I can continue to follow your 30 day challenge comments. I recently finished a Whole30, and will put some comments in my journal soon, but mostly it was uneventful for me.
    I enjoyed your journal, MissJecka. I'm glad your health was good, and you found your way back here.