Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ack! Sprints are making me RAVENOUS!!! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Ack! Sprints are making me RAVENOUS!!!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I've been doing sprints or other high intensity workout most mornings this week, and I'm STARVING! I usually IF until around 8pm on mondays so that I can do my yoga class in a fasted state.

Well, around 4pm I was shakey and dizzy and so hungry I wanted to cry! I was totally caught off guard, so I ate... sigh... french fries. I wanted one of those new KFC double down thingies, but Canadians are not privilaged enough to get these and my kiddos were already so excited about french fries (big time treat in this house) so I caved. I know not earth shattering or anything, but it really was strange to me as IF'ing is something I've been able to do with ease since begining the PB.

So... any tips? Is it the sprinting? Should I fast and THEN sprint?

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I love sprinting in a fasted state. I always feel lighter. I usually sprint at 6am and then eat around noon. Personally, I find that it supresses my appetite pretty good for a little while. I usually just top myself up until noon with water. Then I feast! I love to 'earn' my meal!!!
    I grok, therefore I am.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you're putting too much effort into planning an 'intermittent' fast! I understand the benefits, but with sprinting and hard work, your body does, after all, want fuel.

-写

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Is it close to that time of the month? I'm always A LOT hungrier.

Hmmm, good point unchatenfrance...

good point ikaika! I am just used to fasting before yoga, because it's recomended to do yoga on an empty stomach.

I ate at 7:3pm the night before, worked out at 8am, and then almost died around 4pm, so I think I took it too far. I'll take your advice lovestoclimb and fast, then sprint, then eat instead of sprint, fast and pass out! Ha ha!!!

strom is offline Senior Member
    Most mornings? Your probably need more relaxation days. I would think sprinting along with HIIT would require even longer to recover from than traditional weight lifting.

I feel so great doing something active every morning though to start my day. It's just been this week that I've started sprinting most mornings. Maybe I should alternate yoga and sprinting. How many days do you think I should rest?

strom is offline Senior Member
    One to two depending on how you feel. You can always walk and do yoga like you mentioned on off days.

Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    One to two depending on how you feel. You can always walk and do yoga like you mentioned on off days.
    Thanks for the advice strom. I will definitely start alternating and see how it goes. And no more extended IF's on the really active days!!!

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Move around slowly often. Sprints are a once a week thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast