Thread: Primal Journal Julesy - TELL ME NOT TO EAT TORTILLA CHIPS page 3

julesy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergemy View Post
    you could move to Mexico
    Oh man. I would eat a lot of corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithnme View Post
    Julesy-love your detailed menus you've listed here. I have never been all that interested in cooking. I tend to "just grab something" versus all the awesome meal planning I see on this site. I think a key for me is to stop working so many hours. At least I did not eat tortilla chips today. Nor did I get chips at the cafe at work which is huge because I love the salt and vinegar ones too. I think I need to do some meal planning and start there so I have something always available rather than just grabbing something. Thanks for the inspiration.
    OMG. The best thing you can do is cook Sunday afternoons. I usually trade off Sundays. I'll make a beef or pork stew one Sunday with either roasted veggies or a squash soup (the Kumoca squash soup with pancetta I found on one of these sites is REALLY good) and then the following Sunday I'll make chicken stock (using either a whole chicken or chicken wings) which gives me plenty of stock to have on hand and to freeze some. All are really easy (I do it on the stove and in oven because I don't have a slow cooker). Only special equipment is I finally bought an immersion blender. Seriously. Curry cauliflower soup? Yum! Start by making a pot of stock one Sunday and then use the chicken and stock to bring to work. Lots of times I'll snack on the chicken and if you roast a whole lot of veggies you can snack on those cold too. Not as good as fresh out of the over, but really good. Still no tortillas for me this week, but my vegetarian, gluten free friend is coming to town and I'm a little afraid of what might happen.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another good day except the one organic dark chocolate peanut butter cup - which actually didn't even taste good to me! Yay!

Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 banana, chicken stock with wilted greens and mushrooms
    snack: cappuccino with whole milk (I was out networking and someone offered me a cupcake for valentines day and I refused it! It was a mini too!)
    Lunch: (lunch out) Tuna salad with roasted tomatoes and vinagerette (sp?) dressing and unsweetened iced tea - also I was at a gourmet shop and bought and tasted charcuterie (sp?) to have around to snack on when my vegetarian gluten free tortilla chip-eating friend is in town. yum!
    snack: that dark chocolate organic peanut butter cup. Can't believe I didn't want the other one in the package!
    Dinner: Sushi restaurant: green salad with carrots and vinagrette dressing, yellowtail sashimi, vegetable udon without the noodles. No saki!! BUT I did dip my sashimi in soy/wasabi and I'm not sure but I think the udon soup broth had some soy?? Anyone know?
    after dinner: super dark chocolate - much better than the peanut butter cup.

I thought this was pretty good for going out for two meals today! Not sure, but I'm probably eating too much chocolate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123