I think I need to hear every day from someone - anyone - why I shouldn't eat tortilla chips.

I'm on my second shot at a "Paleo reset" and this time around finally finished Mark's "Primal Blueprint" book. Now I know why I can't eat tortilla chips (sort of), but still have a hard time convincing myself since a good friend who has Celiac desease (diagnosed) eats corn tortillas and tortilla chips (she's vegetarian).

I decided to start a primal journal because I seem to make lots of excuses and have lots of stumbling blocks (including the tortilla chip thing) and thought if I wrote everything down and maybe had some encouragement along the way, I might stick to it. If I just end up babbling to myself that's fine too.

Goals:

Lose last 10-15 pounds (I've lost 25 pounds since January of 2012)
Reduce inflammation per direction of Chris Kresser
Inflammation reduction goals to:
- rid myself of chronic back pain
- rid myself of joint pain
- rid myself of chronic sinus headaches
- improve gut flora to rid myself of chronic indigestion and digestive issues

Maybe I should just rid myself of my body. Anyone want to trade?

From everything I've ready about the Paleo diet, I should be able to do all of these things hence my wondering why I find every excuse not to stick with it. Here's my start to dedication!

Current weight: 143 (former weight almost 170 - YIPES)
Height: 5' 5 1/2" (always thought I was 5'6" but I guess I'm shrinking)
Current workout - am doing the JCORE 40 day video series - started last week (normally do core power yoga and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred) - have built in errand running on bicycle and walking

Started one week ago but had tortilla chips over the weekend. Blast!

Today:

b:
(before workout) - 1/2 grapefruit, banana, black coffee
(after workout - brunchish) - more black coffee (mostly water filtered decaf), chicken salad with 4 oz chicken, leftover roasted veggies (cauliflower, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts), avocado, cucumber, mixed greens, olive oil and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper

snack: about one ounce smoked salmon and more roasted veggies

snack II: macadamia nuts and sparkling water

snack III: kefir with fresh blueberries and pomegranate seeds

dinner will be 6 oz grilled salmon and sauted spinach (maybe with coconut milk)

OK ONWARD! ANY help along the way would be MUCH appreciated!

XXOO - Jules