Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need to watch my portions? page 2

sunsis is offline Member
    Shop Now
    first few days to a week will more than always be water weight being lost first, from holding on to it all with bloat and a little inflammation. as you heal up you will start losing again, persistence. give it 6 weeks. that's a little more than only one month of an entire year. how will you feel after that 6 weeks? what will your measurements be? this should give you a better indicator.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    200 oz of water? Are you actually thirsty or just drinking it because you feel you should? 200 oz is excessive unless you're running a marathon.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moey4164 View Post
    Well thanks for informing me. I obviously don't have any patience and the more I read about Paleo, I just assume that the weight will fall off. I was weighing every 3 days because I was so excited to see the number drop but decided to go weekly, because I figured if I was going offtrack, I could adjust. I suppose I should shut up, enjoy the ride and check in with the scale occasionally. Thanks for the perspective!
    You sound like you are already thin and are expecting this to be a crash diet. The weight will only "fall off" if you are a) already fairly fat and/or b) if you make it a lifestyle, eat to satisfaction and then realize on looking back that you never suffered or went hungry as your body composition changed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Moey4164 is offline Junior Member
    I have given up diet coke (usually 6 a day) and then vodka in the evening with soda water but I gave it all up and drink water all day and night. Apparently it is alot? I just keep reaching for water instead of something else. Didn't really thnk it was excessive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12