Thread: Mixing Protein Powder page

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member

Mixing Protein Powder

Primal Fuel
    I guess this falls on the Recipe side of things, so it goes here.

Bought some protein powder yesterday - the first in a long time. I'm not certain I get enough protein, and in any case don't always have time to make a full meal when needed, so this is serving as a stand-in.

It's not some top-shelf stuff, just "Body Fortress" from a department store. I figure it'll do for now.

Out of curiosity, what do all of you guys mix it with? In the past, I've tried water (YUCK) and milk (not bad), but wanted to hear what sort of places it turns up in for some of the others here.

I was thinking almond milk, or perhaps fruit smoothies. You?

M.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Try it in the blender with coconut milk and some berries. I prefer frozen strawberries. You can add a raw egg too, if you like.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    If I can't get a primal meal, I use an entire can of coconut milk, a cup of hot coffee, two scoops of protein (one whey and one casein) and 2 tablespoons of MTC oil.

My co-workers laugh at the amount of energy I have afterwards. (That lasts for hours btw)
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Ah! Coconut milk! I drank an entire can of that a few weeks ago (was the only thing I had that day) but felt rather ill afterwards. Goya brand. Kind of been avoiding it since, not consciously though. I still have some, so I might just make this a meal tomorrow.

M.