Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did going primal affect your libido? page 2

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For me, yes. I think it may have to do with an overall better mood, which might be a result of the hormone regulation that seems to be a pretty typical when people go paleo.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I've always been a rather "frisky" girl, but going Primal seems to have given me more energy when "frisky" and greater ability to relax when not.
    Want sex pretty much every day, either in the morning or at night, if not both.

All other signs of high-testosterone are there too, mind: increase in muscle volume, more body-hair, more regular cycle, more comfortable cycle, less stress and less emotional ups and downs.
    I'd say it's the fat that does it.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    YogaBare's mention of low carb being bad...I should probably see about that, I'm generally pretty low carb b/c I'm trying (and not really succeeding) to lose weight.
    Same as Kochin, I've also always had a strong libido. But while I was low carb I didn't even think about sex! It was really weird. Added back in starch, fruit and honey and I've got my mo-jo back

And I was vegetarian pre-primal, which is meant to wreak havoc on your sex drive. Not for me. Meanwhile the low carb didn't wreak havoc - it made it vapourise.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12