Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 31

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    So was it cruel to tell our kids when they acted up we were going to sell them to the gypsies?
    And even threatened to call 1-800-gypsies?
    Hahaha, my stepdad used to say they had bought me from the gypsies for two tambourines . . . And they really missed those tambourines.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Maybe.
    I don't do threats either. But I guess not as bad hitting.

Does anyone else not just talk to their children, even before they fully understand things? They are people you know.
    Who said there would be no talking? Why do you assume a rational person would just fly off the handle?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    First, it was a joke. Jesus. Second, how's that working out for you? Seeking advice on a fitness forum and spending most of the days there discussing your own issues instead of paying attention to your kid.
    Are you for real?
    First I don't sit here all day, I do other things with my 2.5 in between, but children do not need 100% of our time. They actually like playing alone at times, and will come to me if they need something. And secondly my oldest child is at school during the day.

No need to attack me like that. Seriously.
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-12-2013 at 12:06 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Hahaha, my stepdad used to say they had bought me from the gypsies for two tambourines . . . And they really missed those tambourines.
    I was found in the cabbage patch. Being traded for tambourines seems more glamorous
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Who said there would be no talking? Why do you assume a rational person would just fly off the handle?
    No -one specifically said that, which is why I asked.
    And maybe a rational person wouldn't fly off the handle, but then I don't understand smacking while rational and calm anyway, when you could just discuss the issue. I haven't seen anyone else yet, except you mention you were given a warning first and then smacked. Maybe I missed those posts.
    I mentioned earlier the only times i've even thought about doing it was while angry, but not actually done it. I guess I just assumed all other people did the same, since it was also the only times I was hit. Never calmly.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    What do you mean?

Exactly, that. Too many people believe they can use reason with a mind that hasn't developed the capacity to yet do so.

google: primitive child rearing
    lots of stuff to choose from
    https://www.google.com/search?q=prim...t=firefox-beta

Best Practices for Raising Kids? Look to Hunter-Gatherers - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Is it time to return to caveman parenting? - Health - Children's health | NBC News

Child Rearing and the Treatment of Children in Primitive Cultures | BenthamScience
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Oh, now I can't wait to have grandkids and use that line . My daughter has a new puppy she brought home this past weekend. I practiced spoiling it for her. He's sure got sharp teeth.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think that whether you believe in spanking or not, whether you had your kids yesterday or 40 years ago, it is likely that every parent in this thread loves their children and does the best they can by them in every way possible.

Agreeing or disagreeing with someone doesn't mean liking or disliking them or thinking they are "good" or "bad." This thread has gotten very contentious, and I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    I am happy with how we are raising our children.
    My oldest is understanding more and more all the time, and we CAN reason with him. Its how the school deals with issues, by talking through them.
    My youngest doesn't always understand everything but doesn't mean I am not going to talk through things. I talked to them all day about everything from birth. Doesn't everyone do that?

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think that whether you believe in spanking or not, whether you had your kids yesterday or 40 years ago, it is likely that every parent in this thread loves their children and does the best they can by them in every way possible.

Agreeing or disagreeing with someone doesn't mean liking or disliking them or thinking they are "good" or "bad." This thread has gotten very contentious, and I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.
    If you can hit your children like I described and lots of us have experienced, then no I don't think these people truly love their children and are just an inconvenience to them.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast