Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 29

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member

Question

There is a massive difference between 'warning warning swat' and 'i will fucking kill you'

and you can shove your own hypocritical apology, you're no better. Its easy to throw threats around when someone makes you angry huh
    Last edited by bloodorchid; 02-12-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    There is a massive difference between 'warning warning swat' and 'i will fucking kill you'
    Not to a small child its not.
    Its still fear.
    I don't know about you, but my physical abuse started with just smacks, and lead to more. Maybe that doesn't always happen, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Eh, at least Mr. Pervy is logically consistent. If it's ok for a parent to hit their kids, it's ok for a husband to hit his wife.

For the female pro-hitters in here, how would you feel about your boyfriends/husbands hitting you to correct your behavior?
    If I was incapable of rationale thought, the cause/effect relationship, still unaware of right and wrong, and completely 100% dependant on him for shelter, food, physcial and emotional well-being, and he slapped my hand when I went for the hot stove...then I guess I would be okay with it...but then again, I would be a 34 year old woman with the mind and intellect of a 4 year old...so...I think my boyfriend would have bigger problems that just hitting me to correct my behavior.
    Your argument=holes

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Its still fear.
    I don't know about you, but my physical abuse started with just smacks, and lead to more. Maybe that doesn't always happen, but who knows.
    Jesus christ. No life is not like that for most people, just the ones who are dealt a bad hand
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member

and you can shove your own hypocritical apology, you're no better. Its easy to throw threats around when someone makes you angry huh
    Given the size and development difference between a child and adult, no I fail to see any difference there. It's the equivalent of King Kong "swatting" at you because you accidentally bumped into his cupboard or something.

And you're seriously upset about me throwing clearly hyperbolic threats at child abusers, and mainly at a guy who readily admits to beating his wife? You shove it, hypocritical women like you are 50% the reason this cycle continues.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Jesus christ. No life is not like that for most people, just the ones who are dealt a bad hand
    I am sorry you suffered abuse too, but I am glad the times you got just smacked you could tell the difference.
    Did that smack not make you fear more that it was going to be worse though?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    So was it cruel to tell our kids when they acted up we were going to sell them to the gypsies?
    And even threatened to call 1-800-gypsies?
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Its still fear.
    The same.
    Physical abuse for me began with very normal swats or spankings as a small child and escalated...
    Escalated to pretty much anything goes abuse from my father.
    Then, as is quite normal for girls from abusive homes, I allowed myself to receive abuse from male partners.
    A LOT of abuse.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Given the size and development difference between a child and adult, no I fail to see any difference there. It's the equivalent of King Kong "swatting" at you because you accidentally bumped into his cupboard or something.

And you're seriously upset about me throwing clearly hyperbolic threats at child abusers, and mainly at a guy who readily admits to beating his wife? You shove it, hypocritical women like you are 50% the reason this cycle continues.
    oh please be careful here.
    People who are abused at the time think the person is doing it still loves them, and is doing it because they love them. You don't learn this is BS until much later.

Bloodorchid, why was the abuse not OK, but the smacks were? I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The same.
    Physical abuse for me began with very normal swats or spankings as a small child and escalated...
    Escalated to pretty much anything goes abuse from my father.
    Then, as is quite normal for girls from abusive homes, I allowed myself to receive abuse from male partners.
    A LOT of abuse.
    yeah sucks that happens
    thankfully I did eventually find a decent man who would never ever hurt me.

And I realised last night, emotional abuse can be just as bad.

Sucks when you get both from the person who was supposed to be protecting and loving you. Then getting 2 years of it as an adult, its the reason I got over weight in the first place.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast