Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 28

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Slapping, spanking, beating, hitting, abuse are all the same thing. Even a very light spanking is still psychologically damaging, since the message it delivers is, "obey me or I'll hurt you." The threat of escalation is always there.

And the fact that you guys have to dress up your behavior with cute euphemisms (oh it's not hitting, it's just a spanking!) only exposes your cowardice and that, deep down, you know what you're doing is wrong.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    You would be found guilty of 40 counts of battery if you were to go out and "smack" 40 people in the face and they all reported it.

Because you don't have the right to go around hitting people.
    see you are still going right to authority and punishment and fear of aggression as an ethical standard. I thought that the point of not hitting your children was to AVOID THIS kind of thinking.

"proof of battery" is another legal jerkoff term that means nothing whatsoever. Being battered is proof of battery. No one that gets slapped can stand next to someone that was battered and say, "us" like the broken-down, twisted, malformed victim and the idiot who got slapped are in the same condition. Except in court, but that speaks to my statement about fear of authority.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    lol Ayla I pointed out that I smack my wife because I wish to discuss why the anti-hitting crowd is so anti-slap, as if slapping is the same thing as scarring with hot pokers.

Your husband/man whatever, he probably slaps you too. It is quite normal human behavior, the slap, and has many contexts because it dramatically affects the senses of the slapped and slapper without incurring any real harm to either. As in, ass-cheeks...smack 'em.
    What? My husband would never hit me, but OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    ive learned so many new things about myself as a person from this thread

im weak
    dumb
    violent
    a monster
    should be sterilized

anything else? Have i missed anything?
    Yes, that you are either an asshole, or you are raising one. That's okay, I am too. We all are. To think that hitting or not hitting would be the only defining moments in how a child is raised is giving hitting (or not hitting) too much credit. People are just so absolutist about it, I've learned not to be so resilient in my opinions because they change the older I get, the more I learn, and the more people I meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Slapping, spanking, beating, hitting, abuse are all the same thing. Even a very light spanking is still psychologically damaging, since the message it delivers is, "obey me or I'll hurt you." The threat of escalation is always there.

And the fact that you guys have to dress up your behavior with cute euphemisms (oh it's not hitting, it's just a spanking!) only exposes your cowardice and that, deep down, you know what you're doing is wrong.
    Yes I agree with you.
    I can't believe this guy started this thread, because I asked for gentle parenting advice on here.

Cori, please clear your inbox

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Fwiw, I'm an anarchist. When I say violent parents should be sterilized, I'm offering to do it myself. For free.

yeah that's not anarchy that's you inappropriately exoressing your rage at a bad childhood

but what the hey. Due to an abusive ex i am frequently armed so you can try to be a crazy asshole but you'll fail
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Eh, at least Mr. Pervy is logically consistent. If it's ok for a parent to hit their kids, it's ok for a husband to hit his wife.

For the female pro-hitters in here, how would you feel about your boyfriends/husbands hitting you to correct your behavior?
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    see you are still going right to authority and punishment and fear of aggression as an ethical standard. I thought that the point of not hitting your children was to AVOID THIS kind of thinking.

"proof of battery" is another legal jerkoff term that means nothing whatsoever. Being battered is proof of battery. No one that gets slapped can stand next to someone that was battered and say, "us" like the broken-down, twisted, malformed victim and the idiot who got slapped are in the same condition. Except in court, but that speaks to my statement about fear of authority.

Once again... your comprehension skills are pretty much zero.

If someone is going around hurting people, and violating their rights... something must be done to change that.
    It they insist on doing those things and do not listen to reason then they may indeed need to go to court, pay a fine, or have some time out in a jail.

If you hit ME... well, I'm not a young strapping man who could easily defend myself in the street.
    I'm a 40 year old woman with disability.
    Not nearly strong enough to defend myself from a strong young man.
    I either have to shoot you, or report you to the police.

I was speaking in generalities.
    As in people you had hit, hitting leaves marks, they could report you... And that is entirely fair, because you DID violate theri rights to go about free and unmolested.
    Just like if the same thing happened to you, if someone came up and hit you or your wife, you have the right to defend you/her or to report that.

With a child it's better to teach the child to deal with the situation from a child's perspective... that child is not dealing with the same situation as I or you would be. Not at all. That child is not fully cognitively developed yet. That development is still occurring. It's better to assist positive development and learning than just hit him because that is easier and more convenient for you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    yeah that's not anarchy that's you inappropriately exoressing your rage at a bad childhood

but what the hey. Due to an abusive ex i am frequently armed so you can try to be a crazy asshole but you'll fail
    Do I even need to point out the hypocrisy here?

You live in fear due to prior trauma at the hands of an abuser. That really sucks, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with that...but how can you not understand this is the same mental process that beaten children go through?

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast