Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 25

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    lol the anti-child violence people have more than once now advocated forcible mutilation of adults' genitals to the point of ending their functionality.
    Sterilization does not mutilate the genitals.
    It simply impedes the reproductive functionality. Otherwise they are left fully intact.
    Look up "mutilate" maybe?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I see so it is wrong to teach ignorant children the basic structure of reality (regarding the relationships between forces of different magnitudes), but it seems to be the default with you anti-hitting people to immediately threaten adults with being beaten by cops.
    No.
    My premise was that either the people you hit would hit you back, or they would file reports with police, who would photograph the evidence of injury, and arrest you... the police would have no reason to beat you themselves unless you decided to hit them when they came to make the arrest. That's how it works.

Your supposition otherwise is a blatant over-generalization.

And "default with you anti hitting people"??? WTF, I'm the only person who has ever mention this.
    And it was in respond to you going out and punching 40 strangers in the face... duh. My assumption is that some of them are going to report that shit.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-12-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I have seen a lot of videos of florida police tasering grannies and shit. You are not talking about the real world.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I see so it is wrong to teach ignorant children the basic structure of reality (regarding the relationships between forces of different magnitudes), but it seems to be the default with you anti-hitting people to immediately threaten adults with being beaten by cops.
    so just to clarify

fully grown adults harming each other: not acceptable!
    fully grown adults harming small children: eh, can't we just live and let live?

God, I'm going to give my girlfriend the biggest bear-hug just for not being one of you. I already spend the first 19 years of my life under the control of child-haters, and it's a world so full of pain and rage I'd rather eat a bullet than ever have to repeat it. Even without the hitting.

And yes, when it comes to parents that hit their kids, I do advocate violence, jailing, forced sterilization, abortion, and/or removal of their kids to a foster home, for the very same reason I advocate chemically castrating and jailing rapists. The cycle of abuse has to get cut off somewhere.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    anyway, they threaten you with weapons and an implied right to murder you where you stand, which is violence of a much greater magnitude than a smack. And even if they come with little bobby batons and speak with the queen's accent, their goal is to cage you in a dungeon...
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    the police would have no reason to beat you themselves unless you decided to hit them when they came to make the arrest. That's how it works.
    Yeah, if you're white, maybe. Unless, of course, they don't like the way you look at them, or they're having a bad day.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    so just to clarify

fully grown adults harming each other: not acceptable!
    fully grown adults harming small children: eh, can't we just live and let live?

God, I'm going to give my girlfriend the biggest bear-hug just for not being one of you. I already spend the first 19 years of my life under the control of child-haters, and it's a world so full of pain and rage I'd rather eat a bullet than ever have to repeat it. Even without the hitting.

And yes, when it comes to parents that hit their kids, I do advocate violence, jailing, forced sterilization, abortion, and/or removal of their kids to a foster home, for the very same reason I advocate chemically castrating and jailing rapists. The cycle of abuse has to get cut off somewhere.
    No dear.... fully grown adults hitting someone who went out and randomly punched 40 strangers in the face for no reason: UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Hitting child in the face: You should definitely DO that!

Nuts jobs 101.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Nope.. sorry. That "asshole" behavior in kids is LEARNED behavior.

You should brush up on your psych development.
    Is it learned from the parents though?

I have a friend with a ±1 year brother. Same parents, raised in the same house, etc.. My friend is one of the nicest and most conscientious people you could meet. His brother is an asshole of the "deliberately run down small animals with his car" variety. Even if you assume the difference is entirely learned vs. some neurological defect, how did the brothers learn such different lessons while basically sharing one childhood?

I've known enough really cool people with "we don't talk about him/her" sibs/kids to think that parents really don't control much about how their kids turn out. Some take credit, some get blamed, but none really control.

I'm not saying cops never do the wrong thing... but hundreds of people of all colors are arrested every single day without incident. They are not beaten. They are simply arrested for violating existing laws... like hitting other people. And they are not hit by the cops in return.

Judging every single cop by the ones who make it to the evening news is like judging every single catholic in the world by the actions of the priests you hear about on the same news outlets, or every preacher by the actions of Jim Baker.
    It's bullshit.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If a parent can't out-think a child and has to use pain to get compliance, jmo, but that's a fail. You're child just outsmarted you to lose control.

Teaching that actions have consequences is necessary, and taking away toys, tv, privileges, allowance, etc., works. Even a loud shout to a small child when they are about to do something potentially harmful.

Hitting in the real world is always the solution of last resort to a clear and healthy mind, and bottom line is we don't hit other adults during the normal course of our lives.

I googled the word bully: Noun
    A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

Hitting someone a third your size is bullying, and you're (generic you, not anyone in particular) not excused by labeling it as parenting.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast