Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 15

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't want to be powerful over my children. They are not toys for me to control. They are people with feelings. I think controlling is a form of abuse too and yep experienced that too. Yep I've had some shit people in my life.
    I am breaking the cycle by not doing these things to my boys.
    So what if anyone thinks I'm crazy or ott I don't care

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    ..snipped...
    I get what you are saying. I just do not expect it to get much traction in modern parenting circles. Also, it is not always looked upon favorably by the powers-that-be. It is much like tossing your kid in the deep-end to teach them to swim. It is how my dad did it. It was find a way to stay afloat or drown (okay, he might not have let me drown). Such methods are generally frowned up especially in a community where so many persons apparently suffered at the hands of abusers.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is abused- I thought that was the point. As you education children in violence, you have to expand their awareness of it, and that means turning the eye from the home and into the wide world; everything is forced on people when you look into it. I think the best way to start educating a kid in violence though is to be there when he experiences its effect in his mind, but when his body is safe.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

haha and it's hard to follow along when there's no quote quoted. I am rambling.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I am rambling.
    Welcome to my world.

Mr perfidy I truly don't get what you are saying

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Mr perfidy I truly don't get what you are saying
    The world is a shitty and violent place. People need to learn that. If they do not learn it as kids in a controlled, caring environment the world will eat them alive.

That seems to be the short version.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    he's saying prepare the kids for the suckage of the real world
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

lol about what?

My original point, based on my impression from your other thread, was that violence can't just be an idea to your son. You can't just use words to describe or assign value to things that are by virtue of their experience rationalized immediately- the way you are talking, "violence" to your son is when he uses his body to solve problems, and it's something vague and mysterious that mommy doesn't like. That is pretty weak in the decision-making foundations of the mind compared to a memory of a whicked smack and the sound and pain and swelling and trembling and shit, maybe taste of blood. That informs the decision-making part of the brain more effectively than theoretical mommy words.

but I also said a lot of other crap haha. I said also that adults should impress upon children their power by way of sports and games and universal mammal mock combat athletics. It is vital to a kid's psyche to percieve fitness and strength and power as a property of adulthood I think. Physical violence accomplishes this but in a shitty and destructive way. Throwing kids in the pool or something works without destruction.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think I need to hit him to prepare him for the world. No way.

Are you saying people who are never hit will have problems?

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast