Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting your kids page 11

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    What I'm saying is that there are many people out there who just plain don't know the difference.
    Every "spanking" my father doled out was completely calm and rationally explained. Yet left bruises and occasionally blood.

And remember... the OP of this thread was actually advocating smacking a child in the face.
    Yeah he did that in another thread, but that was the impetus that started this topic.
    and we have people here who seriously asked if we'd slam a kid into the wall or punch them

it's a little 'out there' and offensive

one person on another thread said smack the brat
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Yes exactly. Good on those who do. I just believe their a better way, as it still makes the child fear doing it again. Sure it gets the results sometimes, but does it have to involve fear?

Yes I did not think my thread would cause this
    ideally this thread would have turned into a conversation on parenting tactics and what was and was not effective for their child

that would have been nice
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I never asked if anyone would do that. I am just saying a smack in anger, CAN lead to other things. Ive had it happen to me and seen it happen.
    Thats all.

Its great if there is anyone out there who smacked calmly and rationally, but I am just not sure why if you were calm and rational you would just talk through the problem instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    ideally this thread would have turned into a conversation on parenting tactics and what was and was not effective for their child

that would have been nice
    I guess.
    But I am sure I am not the only one shaking in fear with all the memories that are coming up when people are saying its ok to hit their kids. I only see any form of hitting as abuse. Maybe if I had experienced just the odd smack, maybe it would be different.

Look I said I didn't want to argue, but I just can't agree that its OK.

If its OK why is it illegal in nz to smack your kids?

canio6 Guest
    Why is raw milk illegal here? Why is it illegal to grow vegetables in the front yard in some places in FL? Why a lot of things? Someone in the government thinks they know better. Perhaps they do in this case, but why is it illegal is a pretty weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Why is raw milk illegal here? Why is it illegal to grow vegetables in the front yard in some places in FL? Why a lot of things? Someone in the government thinks they know better. Perhaps they do in this case, but why is it illegal is a pretty weak argument.
    i'd like to try raw milk to see what the fuss is about
    beautiful
    yeah you are

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'd like to try raw milk to see what the fuss is about
    If it was good for you it wouldn't be illegal, so put that thought away.

I guess.
    But I am sure I am not the only one shaking in fear with all the memories that are coming up when people are saying its ok to hit their kids. I only see any form of hitting as abuse. Maybe if I had experienced just the odd smack, maybe it would be different.

Look I said I didn't want to argue, but I just can't agree that its OK.

i'm not arguing. i mean, i COULD, as i was pretty offended earlier. but i'm not. i'm putting my experience and my opinion out there, with the words 'i am pro-spanking, i am anti-child murder'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

If it was good for you it wouldn't be illegal, so put that thought away.
    well.. big brother always knows what's best
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK maybe that was a bad example then. Fine. I take that back. I wouldn't care whether it was or not, but I did find it interesting when that came out.

It doesn't matter, people will do what they do.
    Obviously I have been affected by hitting/smacking/abuse whatever you want to call it. Fine if you say it didn't hurt you, that is great then. But lots of people have been affected by hitting.

But I still want to know if people do it in a calm and rational situation, and just a tap. Maybe this I could see as OK, but is the point to make them afraid of doing it again? Its the afraid thing that mkes me see it as not OK

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast