Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Valentine's Chocolates

Primal Valentine's Chocolates

Shop Now
    I want to get my wife some nice chocolates for Valentine's Day, but I can't seem to find a list of ingredients on artisan chocolate collections. Do any of you have any suggestions for where I could get a gift set of chocolates that are primal - or, at least, not too naughty ?

Reading through other threads on chocolate, most people are talking about chocolate bars. I could go with those, but I'm really looking for more of a truffle or bon-bon sort of item.

Here's a link from one of the threads that looks like what I'm interested in, but I can't tell what is actually *in* the chocolate: link

Thanks!

You could make some! Google Paleo Chocolate Truffles. Nom Nom Paleo has a recipe.

Hmm... I know I've seen paleo chocolate stores around online. I can't remember the name, but there was one advertised on some paleo site that I follow at one point. I'll share a link if I can find it.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

What about chocolate covered strawberries? I'm not sure how well 90% chocolate melts, to be honest. Will have to google that one. But that's what I plan on making. Melt chocolate, dip strawberries, make a little whipped cream......

This has some good tips - How do I melt dark chocolate? - Home Cooking - Chowhound
    I may add some CO to the chocolate to make it smoother and easier to dip.

Thanks for the good ideas namelesswonder and little vase! Making something is definitely more personal. The Nom Nom Truffle recipe is here. Looks pretty complicated to me - I think the dipped strawberry idea is more up my alley. Thanks!

I guess we have different ideas of complex then! I'm a lazy cook and that looks pretty simple to me: chop, heat milk, mix with chocolate to melt, cool, then scoop & roll in powder or coconut.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Yeah, on a second look it doesn't look too bad. Maybe truffles and strawberries ...

Truffles are way easy to make. This is almost a perfect fat bomb. The strawberries are a nice touch too.
    Georgette

Get her straight cocoa bean! How much more primal could you get?

Cocoa bean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    What about chocolate covered strawberries? I'm not sure how well 90% chocolate melts, to be honest. Will have to google that one. But that's what I plan on making. Melt chocolate, dip strawberries, make a little whipped cream......
    I like to make chocolate covered strawberries with 60% dark and then serve them with banana and dark chocolate whipped heavy cream. It's not the most paleo treat but IMO it's okay for once in a while.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.