Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: squirrels in the walls page 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    last autumn they would rush in from under and behind the oven where it meets the wall, and down chutes between cabinets from the attic, 3 or 4 strong, and grab cans of cat food (with the foil tops), rip that shit open and feast and then try and drag it back behind the oven; I'd find empty or half-empty cans half-wedged in the walls LOL.

No one else just thinks that's funny? I don't want to hurt things that I think are behaving awesomely. If 1 in 40,000,000 men behaved this way, there would not be police brutality.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    My parents had to put a new roof on their house because rodents were getting in the attic. One day (while I was away at school thankfully) a whole family of raccoons fell through the ceiling into the dining room. Apparently they're still getting squirrels in the walls because the exterior is rock. Now my dad picks 'em off with a gun...

I think squirrels are cute as $hit but I guess you got to get down to business when they're chewing through wires and ripping out insulation. : (

well I rent so I don't give a shit about any kind of damage to anything except my food supply and health/safety.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I find it strange you wouldn't hurt annoying animals you want to get rid of, but would hit a small innocent child in the face.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Rats with bushy tails. Living with rodents is a threat to your health and safety, not them per se but the things that come with their feces. Good luck with that.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    seriously, it ain't healthy

you can go to a farm supply store and get a small humane trap then release them a mile or so away
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I find it strange you wouldn't hurt annoying animals you want to get rid of, but would hit a small innocent child in the face.
    well again now, your pardon for repeating myself but...

I said "slap his face."

Slaps hurt for 2 seconds. You just have a very soft and ridiculous notion of hurt.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Also... I'm pretty sure your landlord can have you evicted for allowing the squirrels to live in the walls and continue to do damage unreported or trying to hide the damage to "save them".

It's a health code violation on his end to maintain a rental property in that condition (i. e. with rodent fecal matter, bug infestation, etc. )
    At least in some states it it... not positive that's true in Jersey.

If you trap... release them at least several miles away, say in a public park where people feed them.
    One mile is well within the territory of a roaming gray squirrel for even a female.
    (Females typically occupy about 5-15 acre areas, males 50 to 55 acres... with about 30-75 total squirrels per 100 acres.)
    Basically... if the house is not fixed properly, a new set will just take the place of those moved out.
    Since you rent it is up to your land lord to make the house rodent proof.
    If squirrels can get in so can, and will, rats.

Trap and remove the squirrels first if you don't want them "hurt".
    Or call a pest removal company that can be asked to do the same, but you'll have to pay.
    (Yes, pest removal companies do live removals all the time.)
    Then call your land lord and tell him that rodents have torn into the house again, have been removed, but that he needs to have the house sealed up so that they can no longer enter and do damage.
    That's how you handle this.

Also... do this now... ASAP.
    If you think they are causing problems now while there are just a few of them, just wait until they start to multiply when spring and summer comes.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    They are really cute, until they chew into a wire, electrocute themselves, start a house fire, that burns out of control, wipes out half a city and countless souls, etc. You get the picture.
    Last edited by OneDeltaTenTango; 02-13-2013 at 12:59 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    where the hell is the pied piper when you need him ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast