Thread: Mixed-Up Signals about Veggies? page

sarahelyse is offline Member

Mixed-Up Signals about Veggies?

Primal Fuel
    I've been having a hard time eating vegetables lately. Not that I don't like them, not that I'm a picky eater. They're simply not interesting right now! Given a choice, I'll eat meat first, then skip the veggies all together!

At first I thought that this must be mixed signals from my body from years of eating crap. I thought I should force myself to eat more veggies.

However, I realize it's winter and that my ancestors hail from a northern area. Could this be a legitimate signal from my body? Or should I keep trying to cram vegetables down my gullet?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Or you're just bored of them. I get bored of meat sometimes, as long as you're getting enough nutrients elsewhere, I wouldn't sweat it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Why eat something you don't want to eat? Paleobird has a whole thread going about being a carnavore. Eat organ meat, drink bone broth, and eat what vegetables strike your fancy. I ate asparagus for 2 weeks straight (no other vegetables) - why? I felt like asparagus. Life happens. Eat and move on.

Now, if you start getting deficiencies of some kind*, please for the love of all that is primal eat some freaking real food and do not pump yourself full of suppliments.

*writer's note - how you determine deficiencies is up to you. I'm not a doctor, inhabiting your body, or giving you a blood test so use your own judgement
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Now, if you start getting deficiencies of some kind*, please for the love of all that is primal eat some freaking real food and do not pump yourself full of suppliments.

*writer's note - how you determine deficiencies is up to you. I'm not a doctor, inhabiting your body, or giving you a blood test so use your own judgement
    This is what I'm kind of worried about. I'm afraid that I'm missing some important things by not eating veggies and that my body is still too screwed up to be able to tell me when it needs something.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahelyse View Post
    This is what I'm kind of worried about. I'm afraid that I'm missing some important things by not eating veggies and that my body is still too screwed up to be able to tell me when it needs something.
    Well, I am not an expert of such things but J. Stanton (hopefully I spelled his name correctly) over at Gnoll Credo talks about a meat-based diet, and I would check out Paleobird's thread for more on not eating vegetables. If nothing else, drop her a PM. She has always been very knowledgable and forth-coming when it comes to any questions I may have had.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I am not an expert of such things but J. Stanton (hopefully I spelled his name correctly) over at Gnoll Credo talks about a meat-based diet, and I would check out Paleobird's thread for more on not eating vegetables. If nothing else, drop her a PM. She has always been very knowledgable and forth-coming when it comes to any questions I may have had.
    Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahelyse View Post
    Awesome! Thank you so much!!
    You're welcome. Here is the link to PB's thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76160.html