Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats your take on the 80/20 from PB? page 3

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I eat 100%, unless I sometimes feel like eating something else. I don't plan cheats, or have a specific percentage, or have a specific cheat day, or meal. Sometimes I just eat cheats because I feel like it. For example, yesterday I had some thin-crust pizza. It wasn't gluten free, or paleo, or anything of the sort - just plain ol' gooey cheesy glutinous pizza. Am I worried about it? Nope, in fact I forgot all about it until this thread. Do I eat this on a regular basis? Nope, in fact the last time before yesterday I've had non-primal food was several weeks ago.

The way I see the 80/20 rule is that you should always strive to eat "clean", but sometimes it's okay not to and it's not worth worrying about. If I die earlier because I've had a beer, or a pizza, or whatever else, once in a while, so be it - better than denying myself all the non-primal things I like my whole life just because I want to eek out a few extra years.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    thanks everyone, was just curious of everyones opinions and I was making sure I wasn't totally crazy
    Ayla: If indeed you ARE crazy -- just know that there's a crowd around you :-)
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I take the 20% to mean, if you slip or are out somewhere, don't worry about it or beat yourself up.

Part of being primal is not stressing the small stuff.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    80% savoury, 20% sweet.

I usually stick to it, but sometimes I'm more 70/30... Sometimes 50/50

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I try to be 100% all the time. As a result we don't go out to restaurants hardly at all anymore. Any slips I make are usually because of lack of knowledge or lazyness (I eat less than I should). But I don't see any point in purposely doing something that will harm my body. When I was younger I did, though. Age changes your point of view.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    I'm with you on that one. However, regardless of one's viewpoint, if there are metabolic issues involved 80/20 is not realistic whatsoever from a health standpoint, and shd.n't even be considered.
    Yes this is why I need to be 100% not to mention the craving for more crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Ayla: If indeed you ARE crazy -- just know that there's a crowd around you :-)
    Lol thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123