Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Doc Anonymous Primal Journal page 5

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^^Marine Corps chow actually. So, so sad.

Today was a good day. Way tired though,

B: 2 fried eggs, one REALLLLLY small piece of thin, crappy steak, small bowl of honeydew melon, 1 grapfruit and a steves crunch bar.
    L: *I skipped the chow hall's "meat in tube form day" and went to the gym instead, had half an apple and 1.5 scoops of egg protein immediately after that. About and hour later I had a large size Steves Original Paleo kit.
    D: Homemade leftover steak from yesterday and a salad with arugula, tomatoes and a avocado; love avocado.

WOD:

At lunch I did the following quick "lift heavy crap" workout,

1x5x245 - Deadlift
    1x5x295 - Deadlift
    3x5x305 - Deadlift

Each set of the above was immediately followed with a set of the below; a superset if you will
    1x6x35 - weighted dips
    1x5x45
    1x5x50
    2x5x55

After that I did: 3 x 4-5 x 135 of barbell military press

After work at about 5 I did a more cardio oriented workout:

(2.5 minutes power punchin on the heavy bag + 60 sec wall sit + 10 jump squats) x 3

Pretty good day, bed time.

Forgot to post yesterday, I think I ate a bit more than I should have though considering I didn't work out.

B: Large ham and cheese omlette with all my usual veggies options and some sour cream, two sausage links, 1.5 grapfruits
    S: Steves plaeo small size coconut kit - awesome by the way.
    L: Chicken thigh/leg portion, steamed cabbage, spinach salad, cottage cheese, honeydew melon
    D: Chicken breast/wing portion, spinach salad, cottage cheese and honeydew melon.

No WOD.

Today is an IF day, will be fasting till this evening and going to get some sashimi after working out assuming I have the energy to workout.

I have returned! Had some serious technology issues with internet and the community computer I was using did not want to let me access the forum. I am back now and will post as soon as I get back to Hawaii hopefully tomorrow sometime. The past few days have been pretty bad, I have been staying in a motel that doesn' have a resturaunt or anything so my food intake has involved basically take out. Pretty tragic. My wife however has been doing very well in Hawaii and I cannot wait to get back to Oahu where I will have access to fresh produce and real meat 24/7! Life is good!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MprDoc View Post
    I have returned! Had some serious technology issues with internet and the community computer I was using did not want to let me access the forum. I am back now and will post as soon as I get back to Hawaii hopefully tomorrow sometime. The past few days have been pretty bad, I have been staying in a motel that doesn' have a resturaunt or anything so my food intake has involved basically take out. Pretty tragic. My wife however has been doing very well in Hawaii and I cannot wait to get back to Oahu where I will have access to fresh produce and real meat 24/7! Life is good!
    Welcome back to "civilization"! lol

OK, back to the journal. Took a hiatus. Had some diet issues and have finally gotten back in the groove of things. I was 202 when I got back from Oki and am now 191 so the weight is coming off. I started doing Strong Lifts which has been awesome and I have been combining it with some running as well because military life basically makes running a requirement for me. Tragically, Wednesday night I was doing sprints and strained the crap out of my hamstring which now has me on bed rest for two more days; hurts like a biotch! Even more tragically is that my Navy PT test is coming up in two weeks and all though I can get a waiver for the physical portion I still have to meet my bodyfat standards and I am pretty sure I am over right now.

I think I am going to have to switch to the lean gains plan just to make sure I am eating few enough calories to lose weight/fat without doing a lot of excercise. Hopefully by next week I will be able to use a rowing machine. I am going to try to do some pushups and pull ups tomorrow becaue I have to do something to burn calories. I really didnn't realize how incredibly important the hamsting was and how linked it is to everything else. I have no clue how NFL players play through this! Ill keep posting about diet stuff because I will need the accountability.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back doc

TRYIN! Ok, hamstring is MUCH better. That first week to ten days after injury was incredibly uncomfortable. Hit the gym today, no lower body lifintg but did get some time on the row machine and and my upper body strong lifts stuff so doing what I can. I MIGHT try to go for a run tomorrow but we will see, I am probably going to get a medical waiver for the run portion of my PT test. I'm not in pain so much anymore so it may be feasible. Diet and eating has been going good. I'm down to about 189 now so thats good. Eating pretty clean, typically eggs for breakfast, salad and meat for lunch and some kind of vegetable and meat for dinner. I also started making egg white smoothies instead of using supplement style protein when I do have smoothies also. I'll start documenting more specifcs soon, I am school again so that is taking up a lot of computer/free time!

Running not happening at least till the end of the week. I tried to lightly jog across the street this morning to avoid getting hit by a car and THAT was a mistake, still in pain. I did get some on a row machine the other day and I can still do my upper body "strong lifts" stuff so I am going to have to make do with that for awhile. Diet was good today. Wife is sick so we went and got some pho but ordered without noodles. Had I realized that my local pho shop would replace the noodles with slices of brisket I would have started doing that MUCH sooner! Awesome, cheap and realtively healthy dinne out! Back to homework now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345