Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc Anonymous Primal Journal page 2

MprDoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I will actually make it a goal to workout all three days of the holiday weekend.

Ok, so I fell down a carb mountain this morning in a mountain of sweet and savory weekness and indulged in the following,

B-Four over easy eggs, 3 pieces of bacon turned into two cinnamon raisin bread sandwhiches and a hashbrown. FAIL.
    L-Non existent on weekends at the chow hall so I guess IF
    D- Made up for breakfast with a salmon fillet and two bowls of raw veggies. Adding a protein shake to that as well but wish I had some coconut milk to make with it instead of just water.

WOD:

Run between .5 and .7 miles downhill
    15 wide arm pull ups
    15 underhand pull ups
    20 dips on a USMC 7 Ton tire
    15 narrow grip overhand pull ups
    15 second flex hold on the bar with arms at 90 degrees
    15 pseudo hand stand push ups; I cant do hand stand so I put my feet on the tractor tire and walk my hands back as far as I can them knock them out. Kind of like a push up but a much steeper angle.
    *I did the above one time, the goal is to be able to do it 4 times in a row.
    80ish meters of 7 Ton tire tire flips
    Run .5-.7 miles uphill the whole way.

Finishing the last two beers in my fridge tonight and I do not plan on buying more, switching to red wine and only on Fri/Sat.

Okey dokey, decent day today. Dragged myself to the gym even though I could have made an excuse not to go due to having some stomach issues, ate the following;

B: Rather large chow hall omlette with ham, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms - why do they call them mushrooms by the way? They aren't mushy. - and onions. Two sausage links, small spinach salad, small bowl of honey doo melon and less than half a cup of coleslaw.
    L: Still the weekend so IF
    D: Two pork chops, small serving steamed colliflauer, medium sized spinach salad and a protein shake.

I plan on having some red wine tonight as well.

AH! This past Wednesday was Ash Wednesday which means the start of Lent! I will be giving up liquer, beer and all forms of desert. This time of year is usually a great time to jump in and make lifestyle changes. I also planning on going extra traditional and fasting on Fridays, going to get some tuna also since it'll be fish on Fridays. MAYBE if I'm lucky the chow hall will recognize this and actually SERVE fish on Friday. THAT would be fantastic.

[QUOTE=MprDoc;1098424]Okey dokey, decent day today. Dragged myself to the gym. . .

Forgot to add my WOD to the post above:

DEADLIFTS! Read a great article made me want to get some,

3x5 @ 245
    2x5 @ 275

Standing, barbell military press:
    5x5 @ 135

I did a reverse kettlebell pyramid/superset where I took a 55 pounder and did swings and immediately after did goblet squats with a 35 pounder;

Swings: 55 - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
    Squats: 35 - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

*So 10 swings followed by 10 squats, 9 swings followed by 9 squats, etc.

Good workout, getting sore though, tomorrow may be rough.

So I am writing today off as being in the past and no reason to remember the horrible food decisions I made or the fact I did not work out. The combination of flexoril and red wine the night before did not do anything for my decisions making capabilitie today.

Tomorrow is a new day, onward and forward, full speed ahead. I am going to realign myself mentally and prepare to go through an epic carb withdrawl. Going to try to get by on veggies and a bare minimum amount of fruit for at least this week and I am going to try to stretch that to two. Get some.

I did walk almost two miles though.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MprDoc View Post
    The combination of flexoril and red wine the night before did not do anything for my decisions making capabilitie today.
    Oh, that combination can be a "fun" night!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 02-19-2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: sarcasm tag removed because I'm a curmudgeon...

jpartie is offline Junior Member
    Enjoy reading your posts guys, especially about food and fitness.
    Find it a bit sad though that you seem thinks its fun mixing alcohol and strong pain medication.
    Not a good example to be setting as Doctors.
    Having successfully overcome an addiction to this particular combination of painkillers and alcohol I know what I am talking about.
    People are dying in their thousands on a daily basis from mixing drink and drugs.
    Please lead by example.

Remember this is a public forum:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jpartie View Post
    Enjoy reading your posts guys, especially about food and fitness.
    Find it a bit sad though that you seem thinks its fun mixing alcohol and strong pain medication.
    Not a good example to be setting as Doctors.
    Having successfully overcome an addiction to this particular combination of painkillers and alcohol I know what I am talking about.
    People are dying in their thousands on a daily basis from mixing drink and drugs.
    Please lead by example.

Remember this is a public forum:-)
    Thanks for the public chastisement..... I could continue, but discretion being the better part of valor, I will refrain.

jpartie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Oh, that combination can be a "fun" night!
    I'm sure it's this comment that is causing you embarrassment and had nothing to do with discretion.

This is the advice you should have given I'd indeed you are a Dr.

Important information about Flexeril

Do not take Flexeril if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), or selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take Flexeril before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body.<>/p>

Treatments for depression are getting better everyday and there are things you can start doing right away.

You should not take Flexeril if you have recently had a heart attack, or if you have a heart rhythm disorder, congestive heart failure, heart block, or an overactive thyroid.

Flexeril can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of Flexeril.
    Last edited by jpartie; 02-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpartie View Post
    I'm sure it's this comment that is causing you embarrassment and had nothing to do with discretion.
    Then you would be wrong. I will edit my original post to add a /sarc/ tag, since apparently the NHS gave you a sense-of-humorectomy as a child..... As an aside, I am not a doctor, and I've never played one on TV.
    If, in the future, you wish to continue to chastise me, please do so through a private message, since good decorum demands that you praise in public, and chastise in private. Thank you for your due consideration.
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 02-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast