Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you eat on a normal day? page 3

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 3 pieces Canadian bacon, 1 100 calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole
    Lunch: Usually home made and consisting of some form of beans (yes, I eat beans) meat and vegetable. Think Chili or in one of my more successful crockpot creations smoked sausage and lentil stew.
    Dinner: A protein (usually steak or fish) and greens cooked with garlic.
    Post workout: Protein shake (I use Isopure Dutch Chocolate low carb) and maybe 2 tbsp of chia seeds.

This rarely varies and Saturday is usualy a cheat day where I pick at least one meal and have whatever I want.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjodie View Post
    Hi everyone,

I started another thread asking for help with my inability to work through my wheat cravings. I got some good advice but from reading other threads, I suspect that one of my issues is simply that I'm not eating enough. Its a hard transition to make. For example, my breakfast usually consists of two eggs with a couple of strips of bacon. Through out the day I feel like eating more eggs but have refrained. I usually have a can of tuna with some vegatables for lunch and some chicken or beef for dinner.

It would be really helpful if you could give me examples of what you eat on a "typical" day along with your height and weight (and gender if you feel comfortable with that).

Thank you so much for all your help!
    -Jodie
    I typically eat the following meals:

half quart yogurt
    meat and a potato
    meat and veggies
    meat, veggies and a potato

(meat means any kind of eggs, chicken, sausage, beef, liver, pork, whatever. Portion sizes are bigger than the "meat as a condiment/deck of cards" nonsense.)

I eat the following naughty indulgences more than I should:
    wine, cheese, nuts, dark chocolate, halvah, vegan cheesecake and vegan chia pudding
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A normal day for me is pretty much supper and a late night snack.

Supper: between eight and 12 oz of 4-legged animal. If it's fish, I might eat a pound. A pile of sauteed veggies OR a potato (10 oz or less) OR a serving of rice (1/4 cup dry measure). 1 tblsp of butter or oil on the veggies/potato/rice.

Late night snack: a can of sardines or a grapefruit or 2 scrambled eggs.

An abnormal day for me is a cheese day. This is usually right after I've gone shopping at WFoods. Main meal: lox and goat cheese wrapped in nori. Snack: some kind of sinfully rich goat or sheep milk cheese eaten with a spoon.

Female, age: let's just say I attended the first Woodstock, weight: about 30 pounds over fighting weight, but not uncomfortable with it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Workout day.
    Breakfast:
    -3 fried eggs
    -100g bacon
    Lunch (stir-fry):
    -200g lamb's heart
    -some pork or beef fat
    -4 cabbage leaves
    -1 carrot
    -100g potato
    Post-workout sugar refill:
    -100g yoghurt
    -1 banana

Non-Workout day.
    Breakfast:
    -fast
    Lunch:
    -200g greek yoghurt
    -50g nuts
    Dinner (curry):
    -200g potatoes
    -100g pork
    -1 carrot
    -1 onion
    -100ml double cream

I'll usually have meat twice a day (between 200 and 500g overall), three to ten types of fruit/veg, some eggs and some dairy every day. I use double-cream to kcal-bulk when the volume of food I feel like eating is small.
    I'll also have the odd snack thrown in. Snacks of choice are:
    -25g almond butter
    -small apple
    -prunes
    -5-25g nuts (usually about 10, a small handful)
    -a sip of double-cream
    -a dash of maple-syrup in my tea/coffee/choffee
    -a square of dark chocolate
    Last edited by Kochin; 02-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

darthvaderette is offline Junior Member
    Lessee, today I had:

Green tea for breakfast (black)
    Lunch: 2 eggs and 3 strips of bacon fried in butter, 1/2 avocado
    Dinner will be rib eye steak with homemade sweet potato fries and peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and onions fried in coconut oil. A square or two of 90% Lindt chocolate for dessert along with some chai tea (w/ a splash of coconut milk and a bit of stevia)
    “When you’re in my house you shall do as I do and believe who I believe in. So Bart: butter your bacon.” - Homer Simpson

Sorta primal since Fall 2011
    Fully and happily primal since September 2012

F/5'2"
    SW: 148 / CW: 105 / GW: 105

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    Hello this is the Sage, just signed on and having a wonderful time settling in... I am enjoying reading all your experiences and would like to add to the mix, from my experiences on the road to good health. I am 70 years old, and I am proof what works.

For starters, I recommend a wonderful book, "Wheat Belly," by Dr. William Davis... you will be amazed.

Until next time,
    Sage
    Attachment 10681
    To which, my husband replies: f*ck yeah, paleo!

Also, i'm psyched to be so hot when i'm 70.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I never really had a normal, though I was kind of settling into a routine to make sure I was eating certain foods daily, but then I started really trying to focus and increase my fitness activity, and my appetite has increased right along with it. I was usually around 1300 (maybe 1400) calories a day, however now I am almost 1800.

One of my new favs though, is bone broth with little smashed tator and homemade kraut. Sometimes I add some kind of meat to it. Nom Nom Nom
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Today:

Coffee & cream, spoonful of butter.

Braised spinach and arugula with caramelized onions topped with 2 poached eggs and a butternut squash chipotle cream sauce and spiced roasted cashews. Roasted red potatoes on the side (lunch at my favorite restaurant!)

tea, spoonful of butter.

Later...grassfed beef and venison burgers.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123