Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat on a normal day? page 2

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    5'6", female, 143 pounds, 27 years young!

Weekends are different than weekdays for me.

Weekends...
    Breakfast :: 2 slices of bacon, veggies cooked in the bacon fat in the pan, eggs cooked in the bacon fat over-easy, coffee with some coconut oil or butter mixed in (kind of a modified bulletproof coffee)
    Lunch :: Can of tuna mixed with home-made mayonnaise and shredded carrots in some lettuce leaves, a couple of ounces of raw cheese on the side.
    Dinner :: Home-made pulled pork over a baked sweet potato and topped with wilted spinach.
    Snacks :: Pistachios, smoothies made with berries and canned coconut milk, sometimes more raw cheese.

Weekdays (I work a desk job and eat breakfast, lunch, and sometimes my snack at work)...
    Breakfast :: A couple of hard-boiled eggs, some raw cheese, coffee.
    Lunch :: Half a rotisserie chicken, steamed veggies.
    Dinner :: Leftovers from the night before (tonight will be pulled pork over wilted spinach).
    Snacks :: Home-made coconut-almond-date bars, baby carrots.

I mention a lot of my daily meals in my journal, linked in my profile.
    Last edited by MissJecka; 02-11-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Typically,
    1 or 2 boiled eggs, a cup of yogurt (full fat or nonfat depending on the company) with honey and fruit.
    Lunchtime I'll have some kind of meat +either fruit or a vegetable soup + cheese, nuts, or chocolate
    Dinner is meat, plus at least 2 vegetables, often potatoes, and a piece of fruit afterwards.

I'm getting into the habit of drinking tea several times daily.
    That's from a 5' female who doesn't exercise much

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjodie View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone and for the link! I am mostly doing this for health but I would honestly like to lose weight simply for vanity.

I am female
    5"3
    135 lbs.

I am pretty sure that my body fat ratio is rotten which is probably worse then the weight itself. I'm slowly starting to work out with weights. I used to jog and loved it but its hard on my knees. I miss it terribly.

I love eggs and would eat more every day. I just have to get over the mental block!
    If you're hungry eat. Eat ample fat with with those eggs! Eat as much as it takes to satisfy and satiate you. Then when you're hungry again, eat another meal. Fat, meat, veggies, dairy if you tolerate it. Fruit once in a while.

My food varies from day to day, but most days I don't eat breakfast, just coffee & cream. Lunch is often leftovers of some meat/veg and maybe potatoes - preferably something I can put avocado on top of. Dinner is meat/veg/veg (starch on the side for those that want it) with ample cooking fat and/or butter on top.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sage is offline Junior Member
    Hello this is the Sage, just signed on and having a wonderful time settling in... I am enjoying reading all your experiences and would like to add to the mix, from my experiences on the road to good health. I am 70 years old, and I am proof what works.

For starters, I recommend a wonderful book, "Wheat Belly," by Dr. William Davis... you will be amazed.

Until next time,
    Sage
    awe1.jpg

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Female, 5'7, 125-130 lbs (haven't weighed myself in awhile), 22 years old

Usually have coffee with cream for breakfast. After a few hours maybe some eggs (usually 3 at a time) cooked in butter with some greens, salsa, and an avocado. Lunch/dinner is usually something like a bunch of meat/fish with veg, another avocado...might have some more coffee w/cream or some tea during the day. Sometimes I just eat some cheese or Greek yogurt too. One of my fav snacks is cheese with dried seaweed! It's better than it sounds. I usually just have two large meals a day.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Either 3 hard boiled eggs, or 1 tin of Sardines. Either of them make me feel full until lunch. I also have 1 large cup of coffee sweetened with stevia and lightened with almond milk. I'm allergic to dairy or it'd be full cream. Sadly I can't have that.

Lunch: Big Ass Salad with either chicken or steak on top, often with 1 whole avocado, and oil and vinegar dressing.

Dinner: Some type of meat with some type of veggie. I like fattier meats- salmon or steak is more likely to grace my plate than chicken. Vegetables are sauteed, roasted, or steamed and I mix them up- I try to get lots of color.

I rarely feel a need to snack. I drink herbal tea during the day as desired. I often have a glass or two of red wine in the evening. I occasionally indulge in dark chocolate, or cheese. And if I really, really want something with wheat- I have it. I'm not militant about PB. I figure if I eat this way most of the time, I'm good.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJam View Post
    Female, 5'8", 145lbs

I don't snack and I don't eat fruit and nuts more than twice a week. I try to eat a lot of fat as it keeps me full and it seems my boobs stay big while my tummy gets flatter with the more fat routine (big boobs, flat tummy = ideal me!). I find when I eat more veggie carbs with my amount of exercise, my boobs shrink.
    Seriously? Does this work? How long till you notice a difference?

sunsis is offline Member
    hey there!

F, 5'9", 146lbs

B: 1 egg scrambled in teaspoon of butter, tablespoon of sour cream and some salsa drizzled on the top, cup of coffee (brewed fresh ground not that instant stuff) with heavy cream.

L: pork chipolata sausages, onion, tomato fried in the pan. Sometimes mushroom too, if i feel like it.

D: Choose your protein, side of buttery veggies (normally broccoli or broccolini and carrots), mashed cauli or mashed parsnips with a dollop of sour cream.

Snacks: Macadamia nuts, lindt 85% choc, cheese and turkey rollups.

im still lookin' to lose so my carb count is pretty dang low, so you will notice not much fruit there. once i hit a place im happier with ill up the carbs to closer to 70-80g's a day. right now im tryin for sub 50, someplace between 30-50.

i also have in the freezer some almond flour and coconut flour for when the cravings for a cookie or cake or something get pretty strong. you can make a little carrot cake in a mug with some almond flour, grated up baby carrot or half of a regular one, a little bit of stevia (a no no 'round here for some but i use it sparingly), an egg and some vanilla extract. you can have a nice little treat for like 5g of carb. if you are so inclined sweeten up some cream cheese and spread a lil on top. this could help u here and there with those cravings.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Seriously? Does this work? How long till you notice a difference?
    actually it is something i have noticed too. i have much better boobs than i did when i was a vegan and i have spent about 8 yrs breastfeeding in between. i doubt that fixed them somehow.

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, Sage you look phenomenal.

My typical day might be:

Breakfast: Small cup of coffee and water (I'm not hungry at all in the morning, but I like my routine of sipping coffee, while reading the news in the morning.)

Lunch: 3 eggs, mixed vegetables and mince in coconut oil

Dinner: Vegetables and butter, plus meat of sorts (e.g. home-made patties/burgers, steak, salmon, mince), coconut based dressing if fitting.

Snacks: I usually have one snack time a day late evening (well after dinner), because I don't tend to be too hungry between meals. Typically I choose avocados, cut-up crunchy vegetables, coconut oil straight from the jar, and/or leftovers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast