Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is cheese on your Primal plate?

Hybrid View

Question Is cheese on your Primal plate?

I love cheese, folks. I generally opt for and prefer the good stuff -- however that may be defined -- but have been known to find joy in lower class iterations, as well.

As a brand-newbie to the Primal diet, I'd love to know if you include the humble cheese in your personal repertoire (and what kind), or if it's a foodstuff on your "no-go" list...

Love cheese! I eat mainly Kerrygold cheeses, goat cheese, sheep's milk pecorino-romano, and raw milk artisan cheeses, both local and imported.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

I love cheese, but as it's pretty calorie dense, I don't just snack on it right now. I probably don't have more than an ounce at a time and not every day. It's more of a condiment for me. I feel like meat is a better calorie investment for me ATM. If you have fat calories to burn, have at it! I would, lol!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

No cheese or any other dairy (except whipping cream) for me while I'm trying to drop weight and keep my skin clear of funky rashes. On rare occasions I will get some goat cheese. My daughter is also avoiding cheese to control acne. She says that when she does eat some, she gets a headache.

I have 100-150g of cheese with a generous glass of red wine most evenings as dessert. It is a great source of Vitamin K2 and balances my wife's tendency to low fat cooking. I have a range of cheeses including aged cheddar, manchego, tilsit, provolone, pecorino, stilton, soft blue, brie, and soft goat's cheese
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Cheese isn't banned for us, but our consumption of it has gone down *dramatically*, basically because the type of meals we cook has changed.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Yes, I include cheese in my diet... couldn't live without it. I also include other dairy... butter, sour cream, and heavy cream. Dairy is definitely a staple of my diet.

I include it, but really just don't use it much. I get good aged cheddar and parmigiano is always on hand along with some crumbled goat cheese for salads. All in all I go through like 4 oz a week max though.

Normally - i seldom have cheese and when I do I have a small portion.
    This weekend was another story. I had too much of sharp white cheddar, cream cheese and sour cream. The last two I don't even like, so go figure
    But if i have to pick favorites, I'd have to say white cheddar and swiss.

Nope. I am not too fond of cheese and even though I eat dairy and salty foods, nothing makes me bloat up like a few slices of cheese. I can dump a few tablespoon of miso paste into my soup and be fine, but a piece of salty cheese will make me retain 3 pounds in water weight for several days.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."