Thread: is this correct coconut milk? page

berkoe1 is offline Junior Member

is this correct coconut milk?

Primal Fuel
    I have been to a health food store in the UK and bought some coconut milk to try. However looking at the ingrediants I am not sure if this is really the good stuff Mark talks about in his book.

The ingrediants are in order - filtered water, coconut milk 8.4%, Grape Juice Concentrate, Calcium Phosphate, Sucrose Ester, Sea Salt, Natural Carotene, Vit D2, B12.

Is this the correct product? Its the only one I could get in Holland and Barret a big name store in the UK. If anyone knows any other places please let me know.

Wayne

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I would look for one that only has coconut and water in it. Is the Aroy-d brand available in your country?
    Or in the worst case, coconut milk that has the above 2 ingredients + guar gum.
    Hopefully a Brit will come along with a helpful suggestion.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Look in the international food section of your nearest super market, it comes in tins, stuff I get is from Aldi and it's about 80% coconut meat and coconut water, it's pretty clean though you can do better, expect to pay between 90p and a couple of quid a can. Don't bother with the low fat shite it's just got more added water
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Biona makes a good one, I order online from this place Coconut - HealthySupplies.co.uk. Buy Online.
    Havent seen it in shops but no it shouldent have all that crud added to it.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Apparently you can make your own. I don't (lack the food processor), but the one you bought sounds terrible and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Grape juice? What the heck? No it's not the right one. Coconut milk should contain coconuts and almost nothing else.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."