Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientist Wife Not Buying It page

investorsrealtor is offline Junior Member

Scientist Wife Not Buying It

Primal Fuel
    Perhaps because of the plethora of bad science out there, my scientist wife isn't buying into the primal - paleo concept. Can anyone site specific scientific studies to support this lifestyle?

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Eating Academy. Start Here The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Excellent blog that always references the science behind his conclusions.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Which branch of the sciences?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

KrisGunnars is offline Junior Member
    My site: Authority Nutrition - My Twitter: @AuthNutrition

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Optexperience.com/scienceofnutrition

You'll need to buy the seminar. It's 6 hours using a lot of biochemistry. The presenter is Harvard phd Dr Matt Lalonde. You'll get to watch it S often as you like. You may need to search the site for Matt lalonde it that link doesn't get you there. This is a seminar that will satisfy your wife's skiptisism.

That said these are free but only touch on one part of Paleo. Fructose and SAD processes foods
    Sugar: The Bitter Truth - UCTV - University of California Television
    The Skinny on Obesity - UCTV Prime - UCTV - University of California Television
    The Fat Switch Book | Weight Control Guide - Mercola.com
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by investorsrealtor View Post
    Perhaps because of the plethora of bad science out there, my scientist wife isn't buying into the primal - paleo concept. Can anyone site specific scientific studies to support this lifestyle?
    What aspects of the paleo lifestyle is she not buying? Does she believe in the science supporting ingestion of commercial processed foods and low fat foods??

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    What aspects of the paleo lifestyle is she not buying? Does she believe in the science supporting ingestion of commercial processed foods and low fat foods??
    This would be my question as well. Eating whole, unprocessed foods shouldn't be a hard sell. So what are her main sticking points?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Forgetting the science, will success stories not convince her?
    How much better do you feel?
    There are many stories on here about people who have improved so many health issues, and got their life back.

Does she not think you should do it? Or are you trying to convince her to? If its her you want to convince to do it, I wouldn't worry about it, let her just see your success.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    Yes this.
    Paleo/primal is just eating real food, anything above that, are tweaks people make to suit their specific needs or change what aspect wasn't quite right for them.

chetnvok is offline Junior Member
    good idea,if I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast