Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just not hungry. page

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member

Just not hungry.

Primal Fuel
    Since last Friday night I have barely felt hunger or an appetite to eat. Is this normal? It's a bit disconcerting I must admit...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I guess it depends on what your stats are.

If you're 400lbs and not hungry, who cares. If you're 6'2 136lbs as a dude and not
    hungry, then there's probably something to worry about.

And, it could just be that since this way of eating provides so many noooooootrients,
    your body is getting what it needs from what you're giving it and has no desire to seek
    out extra calories to find them.

Embrace the no hunger. Go for a hike, go to the gym, go for a walk, have fun with NOT
    being hungry.... cuz it ain't gonna last forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver!

Julie

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

If you're 400lbs and not hungry, who cares. If you're 6'2 136lbs as a dude and not

And, it could just be that since this way of eating provides so many noooooootrients,
    your body is getting what it needs from what you're giving it and has no desire to seek

Embrace the no hunger. Go for a hike, go to the gym, go for a walk, have fun with NOT

Julie
    +1

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

Julie
    Agree

Hi all, must say I still feel the same. I feel ridiculously bloated??!

Currently 258ish lbs, male, just under 6 foot.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    How much/what/when have you been eating? Maybe you don't know the difference between blood sugar-induced hunger and actual hunger?

Well lately, during the past few days, I've not eaten breakfast, then for lunch I'll have a salad with meat and olive oil then dinner is usually meat and greens cooked in fat. I've just not felt hungry and my stomach is poking out like a poking out thing, like as if I've eaten a huge pizza or something.

Perhaps you're right and I don't know if this is what actual hunger feels like.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Hi all, must say I still feel the same. I feel ridiculously bloated??!

Currently 258ish lbs, male, just under 6 foot.
    Well, in a way, you kinda are bloated at that weight, right? Only now you're not under the influence of artificial food ingredients meant to stimulate appetite so you can feel it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I suppose that makes sense actually. But what I don't get is how does it feel so uncomfortable when my stomach is protruding? It was never like that pre-Primal, stimulated appetite or not.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Joe - I'd add a lot more vegetables into your diet. Fiber and prebiotics to give your gut flora food to eat. This along with the fiber itself will help move things through your system and probably help to alleviate that bloated feeling.

A couple raw carrots here, some grilled brussel spouts (delicious!), a ripe pear, steamed broccoli etc.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast