Thread: Found a great dark chocolate brand page

elfman5150 is offline Member

Found a great dark chocolate brand

So one of my PB 'sensible indulgences' is dark chocolate, and I have been on a quest to find the most primal approved brands. While working at a Mom's Organic Market in DC I came across a wonderful company, Fearless Chocolate, who makes dark chocolate with minimal ingredients. I love the 'exploding coconuts' flavor, which only has 3 ingredients! No soy lecithin or any of that crap, just cacao, raw cane sugar, and coconut. I see that now they have 85% dark chocolate which is next on my list to try. I know it's a little pricey, but its worth it in my opinion - especially if you are too lazy (like me) to make your own.
    Here's a link to the coconut bar,
    70% Exploding Coconuts - Fearless Chocolate Co.

Check them out if you get a chance. I think you'll be pleased.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    YES +1

I love these bars. They are smooth, but still somehow retain that raw flavor that is very vibrant and pop-in-your mouth. Very unlike the Mexican chocolate bars that are very grainy. Good stuff, and I'm glad that someone else has found them

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I tried one of these a year or two ago, and I do remember liking it. Simple ingredients always make for better chocolate. I'll have to buy one of their bars again sometime!

MJam is offline Junior Member
    For any Canadians my fav is Denman Island chocolate, Cocoa Loca is the one I always get 72% fair trade organic cocoa mass is the only ingredient. Thank god it's rather pricey as well or I would eat more than I should. I get mine at my local HFS and they have some whacked out flavours like rosemary and ginger ones.

Denman Island Chocolate

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, to Denman Island Chocolate. I can get it everywhere here. But I also like Green and Black's 85%, but I heard that they are going to stop production or something, so we ate the last bar we had the other night. There is also Cocoa Camino...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!