Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspartamine - the systemic killer? page

ragwort is offline Senior Member

Aspartamine - the systemic killer?

Primal Fuel
    I came across this, which given all the political and corporate involvement (not a surprise on this blog), is really shocking! I have always given my children a 'real' sugar treat (pre-primal) because at least I always knew what that was and that it would rot your teeth and make you fat! Chemical formulas I never understood so at a gut level would not eat or feed knowingly to anyone else. There is a real need for genuine clarity around ALL food and nutrition matters, urgently.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sorry for the rant ... but you wonder what else is being hidden from view?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Scaremongering, mostly, like the lead in lipstick articles floating around these days. I mean artificial sweeteners aren't good, they're as processed as they cone, and they will cause negative reactions in some, but for list of us, they're fine. Aspartame and sucralose and tons of other artificial sweeteners are used in plenty of food and drinks and it hasn't been killing many of us. I use aspartame myself in my very hot teas and coffees. I'll let you guys know if I get sick and die.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I heard an epidemiologist on NPR several years ago call Aspartame a ticking time bomb. She said it is responsible for changes in the brain that can't be seen right away because of how long they take to show themselves. Brain cancer was one of the major issues I recall. It can take decades to show itself. Not worth the risk in my mind.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My wife figured out years ago that her migraines were caused by the Diet Dr. Pepper that she drank at work. Even a piece of gum with aspartame will send her in to a migraine of several hours. N=1 says aspartame is bad.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Some people may get allergic reactions from all kind of stuff! A famous example is the guy that got serious allergic reactions from roses, and his doctor made a "test" by putting false paper roses in his office before the allergic guy visited him, and guess what; The guy got all his bad reactions with severe skin irritations etc when seeing the false paper roses which he thought was real roses! What does that "experiment" tell us about the subjective experiences of N=1?

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Scaremongering, mostly, like the lead in lipstick articles floating around these days. I mean artificial sweeteners aren't good, they're as processed as they cone, and they will cause negative reactions in some, but for list of us, they're fine. Aspartame and sucralose and tons of other artificial sweeteners are used in plenty of food and drinks and it hasn't been killing many of us. I use aspartame myself in my very hot teas and coffees. I'll let you guys know if I get sick and die.
    But how do you KNOW, aspartame doesn't kill "many of us" ( even one would be too many of course)?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aili View Post
    But how do you KNOW, aspartame doesn't kill "many of us" ( even one would be too many of course)?
    It's up to people that makes extraordinary claims to present evidence to support their view not the other way round...

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    A friend of the family was trying to lose weight, and changed from eating sugar to eating aspartame. After a few months, he became blind in one eye. His doctor got him off the aspartame, and his vision slowly returned. This was in the early 90's.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a very smart Doctor ... your friend was lucky!

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aili View Post
    None of us get out of here alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast